2 нояб. 2016 г.

The Fallen Idol

& Mrs. Baines: Lying again, Master Phillipe?
    Baines: There’s lies and lies.
    Mrs. Baines: What do you mean?
    Baines: Some lies are just kindness.

& Baines: Tomorrow we’ll put up a little stone in the garden and we’ll write his name on it.
    Phillipe: «Macgregor, killed by Mrs Baines.» And the date.
    Baines: No, no. No, not that. Something like, «My Macgregor, very lovely he was in his life.» And then the date... No, we... we’ll just have «Macgregor». That’ll be plenty. We’ll remember.

& Doctor: In my position one must try to be hard. Death is like a business. It has to be attended to.

& Phillipe: Don’t worry, Baines. I won’t tell them anything.


& Phillipe: I haven’t done harm, have I?
    Baines: Trouble is, we... we’ve told a lot of lies.

& Baines: There are faults on both sides, Phile. We don’t have any call to judge. Perhaps she was what she was because... I am what I am. We ought to be very careful, Phile, cos we make one another.
    Phillipe: I thought God made us.
    Baines: Trouble is, we take a hand in the game.

& Phillipe: Oh, please. Please! It’s the truth. Please! Oh, please, do listen to me. Please! It’s very important what I want to tell you...

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий