5 нояб. 2016 г.

Anything Else

& David Dobel: Women... Camus said that women are all that we’re ever going to know of paradise on earth.

& David Dobel: Now she’s difficult. Soon, she’ll be impossible.

& David Dobel: .... And I was pouring my heart out to the driver about all the stuff you were prattling on about... life, death, the empty universe, the meaning of existence, human suffering... And the cab driver said to me: «You know, it’s like anything else.» Think about that.

& Jerry Falk: Hey, Mrs. Chase.
    Mrs. Chase: I told you not to call me Mrs. Chase! My name is Paula! Mrs. Chase makes me sound ancient. My life isn’t over yet. In fact, I’m just starting to live it.

& Mrs. Chase: Are you going to help me?
    David Dobel: I live to serve. Make your wishes known.

& Jerry Falk: I have steamers in the fridge from a week ago Sunday. You hungry?
    David Dobel: No. I make it a practice never to ingest bivalves that have been dead more than 72 hours.

& Jerry Falk: ’If life is meaningless, then why choose to live? Dobel says we don’t choose, our blood chooses for us.
    What does it all add up to if I die?
    Freud says sex and work. Dobel says work gives the illusion of meaning, and sex gives the illusion of continuity.’


& David Dobel: The pill makes her crazy? Falk, she is crazy! The Pentagon should use her hormones for chemical warfare!

& David Dobel: What you don’t know will kill you! What you don’t know won’t hurt you, it’ll kill you. Like if they tell you you’re going to showers but they turn out not to be showers.

& David Dobel: You know, it’s not in vino veritas. It’s in eros veritas.

& David Dobel: Let me tell you, I am of the Hebrew persuasion, but that guy who handles you is a member of one of the lost tribes of Israel that should have remained lost.

& David Dobel: And you got this shrink who, like God, never speaks and, like God, is dead.

& David Dobel: There’s nothing wrong with being afraid. We were meant to be afraid. That’s why you have to build a survival kit.

& Jerry Falk: I would have just slinked away, bullied. You know? But he wouldn’t let the injustice rest. He resisted. There are always some people who will resist. And, as he says, the issue is always fascism.

& David Dobel: If only certain moments in life could last... Just stay frozen, like some old vase.

& Jerry Falk: Dobel says the crimes of the Nazis were so enormous that if the entire human race were to vanish as a penalty it could be argued that it would be justified.

& David Dobel: In life, they’ll be no shortage of people who’ll tell you how to live. They’ll have all the answers... what you should do and not do. Don’t argue with them. Say, «Yes, that’s a brilliant idea,» and do what you want.

& David Dobel: Whenever you write, strive for originality, but if you have to steal, steal from the best. And if you take very good care of your styptic pencil and dry it after every shave, it’ll last longer than most relationships you’re in.

& Cab driver: What’d you say?
    Jerry Falk: I was just saying how strange life is, how full of inexplicable mystery.
    Cab driver: Well, you know, it’s like anything else.

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий