14 нояб. 2016 г.

My Roanoke Nightmare. Chapter 9

American Horror Story


6×9

Return to Roanoke: Three Days in Hell


& Sophie: Are you sure the house is this way? I don’t recognize any landmarks.
    Milo: Yes, they made it super hard to find. They changed the street names, the address. I mean, you can’t just Google Map the Roanoke House, but I’ve studied every frame of season one. I know where I’m going.

& Sophie: You know what I love about season one?
    Milo: Uh, everything? My Roanoke Nightmare is awesome.
    Sophie: On the surface, it’s an interracial story set in a post-racial world. Which, of course, is a lie. But they’re really talking about the colonization of America. The Butcher and the Roanoke Colony. Which became a matriarchy in a patriarchal system. That’s why it’s so timely. It’s a battle we’re fighting today.
    Milo: No, I don’t know. I just think that the show was scary.
    Sophie: Yeah, Milo. Racism is scary. Patriarchy is scary.

& Dylan: Look, I like acting, but where I come from, when you don’t follow orders or show up on time, people die. The lack of integrity in this business is really staggering.


& Dylan: That makeup is really good. How’d they make it look like your ear is gone? Is that a piece or something?

& Audrey: It’s all real. The spirits, the blood moon, the Polks... It is all real.

& Milo: No, Detective, that’s what I’m saying, is that she definitely was not alive. She wasn’t like a zombie. Although she did have that Dawn of the Dead look, but your typical ghost or apparition is usually more... uh, ephemeral. I’m not saying transparent, ’cause that’s like Hollywood cheesy. I’m talking like... Korean. Totally subversive.

& Milo: Dude, don’t you get it?! I mean, this is exactly how every horror movie works. God, the cops don’t believe it until it’s too late!

& Dylan: ...let the cops come back for Monet.
    Lee: What about leaving no man behind?
    Dylan: It’s right up there with don’t walk into enemy territory blind and unarmed.

& Milo: Wait... is this all part of the show? I mean... is anything even real?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий