18 нояб. 2016 г.

Eddie the Eagle

& Janette: He’s off to the Olympics again.

& Eddie Edwards: Tell him I’ve made new plans.
    Terry: New plans? What plans?
    Eddie: I’m gonna be an Olympic ski-jumper.

& Terry: This is some kind of joke, right?
    Eddie: Dad, it’s not like I’m taking up ballet. It’s still skiing. Just a bit higher.

& Terry: Do you really wanna put yourself through this again? It’s a world that doesn’t wanna know you.
    Eddie: So what’s new?

& Petra: An Englishman sleeping in my cupboard. Happens a lot. You know why? It’s the good German beer... and not this pee-pee water you’re drinking back home. Am I right?
    Eddie: Well, no, actually. I don’t drink.

& Eddie: Hiya, fellas, I’m Eddie Edwards. I’m Great Britain. Oh God. Nude.

& Eddie: So, basically I... I’ve just started on the 40 meters and I’m making solid progress. But wondered if I could get some advice and tips.
    Matti Nykänen: How do you land, exactly?

& Erik Moberg: How old are you?
    Eddie: I’m 22.
    Erik Moberg: In Norway, the time to be starting jumping is when you are six years old... Or younger.

& Eddie: How come I’ve never heard of him?
    Petra: They kicked him out.
    Eddie: What for?
    Petra: Arrogance. Bad discipline. Drunkenness. Fornication. What you probably call «being a total loser.»
    Eddie: Definitely him.


& Bronson Peary: They don’t understand the jumping paradox, man. This is not just a sport, it’s an art. It’s spiritual, man. You gotta free your mind first. You gotta just, kinda fly, man. You wanna just fly—
    Eddie: What is the jumping paradox?
    Peary: What?
    Eddie: The jumping paradox. That thing you said a second ago.

& Peary: I’m gonna say this once. The foundation of any jump is what?
    Eddie: Take-off.
    Peary: Very good. Very good. The paradox is simultaneously stretching up... and leaning into your descent. It’s unnatural because you actually take-off downwards. Okay? Your body has gotta lean forward in order to give you the lift. Like the wing of a bird. Come on, man, be the wing of a bird!

& Peary: It started with this little baby. This little 15 meter little vixen. You manage to land that because it’s meant to hook you into the sport... otherwise you wouldn’t bother trying. The 40 meter, when you stack you get bruised, which I don’t need to explain to you. Sorry. The 70 meter... you break bones and you’re lucky if you can walk again. The 90 meter. The goddess. In the Wild West we’d be measuring you for your coffin before you even reach the stairs.

& Eddie: Any tips, then?
    Peary: Don’t die.

& Peary: I’m not your coach. Okay? Seriously. A coach teaches you how to jump properly. I’m teaching you to land to get you out of my hair as soon as possible. Got it?

& Eddie: Do you think I’m mad?
    Peary: Yeah. You’re completely mad, man. But, hey... you kinda gotta be mad to do this sport, right?

& Peary: You wanna know what his last words to me were? «You will never take jumping seriously ’cause you do not take yourself seriously.»
    Eddie: Okay. Are they gonna be your last words to me, too?
    Peary: Don’t make the same mistake, Eddie. Okay? I’m begging you. Do it right or don’t do it at all.

& Peary: Don’t make this your moment, please! They’ll make you a fool.
    Eddie: Well, I’d rather be a sober fool than a drunken coward!

& Eddie: I was messing around after the 70 meter jump the other day. I was very excited. But I take jumping very seriously. In fact, I love it. I love it very nearly as much as proving people wrong. Which is why I’ve decided to compete in the 90 meters.

& Peary: Eddie, listen. You got more dedication, more heart and spirit than any jumpers out there. Any of them. Jesus, I spent six months trying to get rid of you, dude. You’re like gum on my shoe, you never gave up.

& Peary: This is your moment. You’re Eddie «The Eagle,» man.

& Warren Sharp: In jumping there’s an expression... «You’re never bigger than the hill.»

& Frank King: ’You have broken world records. You have established many of your own personal bests... and some of you have even soared like an eagle.’

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий