14 июл. 2013 г.

The Company You Keep

& Jess: You’re late.
    Ben: Well, if I’m not here they can’t fire me, right?

& Nick Sloan: You know, clearly you have some kind of an agenda here.
    Ben: I don’t, actually... I don’t care much for either side.
    Nick Sloan: So, what? That makes you fair and balanced?

& Nick Sloan: Somethin’ you love you should keep close to, you know?

& Sharon Solarz: You don’t have kids, do you?
    Ben: No, I... I barely have furniture.

& Sharon Solarz: What about you? What are you willing to take a risk for?
    Ben: I don’t know. I know that I wouldn’t blow up a building. I wouldn’t kill anybody for anything.
    Sharon Solarz: Yeah, well... dissent can be dicey. But you can’t get to my age without some regrets.

& Ben: Would you do it again?
    Sharon Solarz: If... I didn’t have kids, and old parents that I love... Yeah, I would do it again. Smarter, better... different. But I’d do it, yeah. We made mistakes, but we were right.

& Sharon Solarz: Well, look at me. It doesn’t matter what I say, unless... I say it to somebody who’s interested in the truth. And it seems, as if you’re interested in the truth. Most people aren’t.

& Sharon Solarz: What are you gonna do?
    Ben: My job.


& Nick Sloan: That guy looks a little bit like Rick! Remember him? The roadie from Monterrey?
    Donal: That IS Rick, the roadie from Monterrey.
    Nick Sloan: Jesus... I thought he’d died.
    Donal: We all died, some of us came back.

& McLeod: Aw, don’t give me that “capitalist dog” look. Goin’ legit has its advantages!
    Mimi Lurie: Sure! As long as bankrupting people’s pension funds remains legit. And running good, honest weed remains... criminal?

& Ben: So, tell me about yourself.
    Rebecca: Peace Corp for a bit, thought I was gonna change the world, decided it was actually people who needed changing, went back to school to study psychology, turns out psychology has nothing to do with that, ended up in New York, for a bit... I guess I thought I was gonna change myself, turns out I’m too stubborn.

& Jed Lewis: It’s ancient history to them. So they listen and clap, and then they update their Facebook statuses and they forget all about it.
    Nick Sloan: We’ve turned into our parents, Jed.
    Jed Lewis: Yeah, now we’re just a story told to children.
    Nick Sloan: Well, I’m glad someone’s still telling it.

& Mimi Lurie: Well, the struggle doesn’t end just because you got tired of it.
    Nick Sloan: I didn’t get tired of it, I grew up.
    Mimi Lurie: We promised each other we weren’t going to do that!
    Nick Sloan: Yeah, but it happened.

& Nick Sloan: Mimi, how free are you? Really?
    Mimi Lurie: Well, I’m not in jail. I don’t expect you to understand.
    Nick Sloan: They have you.
    Mimi Lurie: Oh, like hell. A system that protects the super-rich, and the super, super, super-rich, and fucks over everyone else, and the planet to boot.
    Nick Sloan: Mimi... Mimi, would you just stop?
    Mimi Lurie: Everyone who’s given up and given in, they’re living at the expense of what they once believed. It’s so sad!

& Nick Sloan: What are your memories, Mi?.. The ones you can’t run away from.

& Ben: So, where are you going?
    Nick Sloan: Well, before she can not surrender, she has to first not get caught.
    Ben: I don’t understand, there was an easier way.
    Nick Sloan: Usually is. You’ll learn that lesson.

& Nick Sloan: Secrets are a dangerous thing, Ben. We all think we want to know them, but if you’ve kept one to yourself... You come to understand that doing so means that you may learn something about somebody else, but you also discover something about yourself. I hope you’re ready for that.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий