18 июл. 2013 г.

Jenny & Christian

Dates 1×8

& Christian: How many’s that?
    Jenny: Seven. Last week.
    Christian: Right.
    Jenny: Four this week. Well, three. You’re the fourth.
    Christian: Wow. Right, so that’s 11 in two weeks. Wow.

& Jenny: I mean, how hard can it be to just meet a nice, normal guy? That’s all I want.

& Jenny: It’s not fair, you know? Some of the world’s worst people have managed to get married. Hitler got married. Stalin got married. Those people on I’m A Celebrity get married every day of the week. Just, what is so wrong with me?

& Christian: Don’t feel guilty. Guilt? It’s just something that organised religion has invented, to make people feel bad about themselves, you know? Jesus Christ never, never had any time for guilt.

& Jenny: What’s this?
    Christian: It’s the Perfect Ten.
    Jenny: Perfect Ten?
    Christian: Basically it’s just the Ten Commandments, except more, like... user-friendly. ... So the idea, right, is that it’s simple. It’s really easy, accessible. No bells and whistles. So instead of, erm, “Honour Thy Father and Thy Mother”, it’s, erm, “Look After Mum and Dad.” “Thou shalt not steal”? “Don’t steal.” It’s easy, you know?


& Christian: Stealing isn’t just about stealing things, you know? It’s about feeling “I’m not enough. I need to steal!” But you are enough! You know? You are enough! You. You’re enough.

& Jenny: My relationship with God is complicated... In that I don’t think he actually exists.

& Jenny: You know, if he exists then why do so many bad things happen, you know? Why would he let people die of liver cancer, or why would he let wars and natural disasters happen? Why would he let children get brutally murdered, or people’s weddings get cancelled a few weeks before the ceremony, leaving them completely humiliated in front of their friends and family? Why would he do those things if he exists? Makes no sense.

& Jenny: Are you mad?
    Christian: Not mad, Jenny. Not mad. Married.

& Jenny: No, no, no, I’m not taking this any more. I’m finished with all this. I’d rather spend the rest of my fucking life by myself than put up with any more of this bullshit!

& Jenny: It’s pretty simple, actually. Just fuck off.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий