31 июл. 2013 г.

An Inconvenient Lie

Dexter 2×3

& Dexter: Harry was right. Nothing stays buried. Perhaps, not even me.

& Lila: So tell me... exactly... how full of shit are you?
    Dexter: I’m not full of anything.

& Lila: [You think] there is no way that I could know what you’ve experienced, right? I couldn’t possibly feel that need. Like a thousand hiding voices whispering... “This is who you are...” And you fight the pressure. The growing need rising like a wave. Prickling and teasing and prodding... to be fed. But the whispering gets louder, until it’s screaming “Now!”. And it’s the only voice you hear. The only voice you want to hear. And you belong to her. To this... shadow self. To this...
    Dexter: Dark passenger.
    Lila: The dark passenger.

& Dexter: DNA, DNA, come out and play.

& Lt. Pascal: I seem to have had my head up my ass, lately.
    LaGuerta: It’s called being human.

& Masuka: Lead fucking investigator... Translation: everyone’s bitch. I do have a life, you know.
    Dexter: You do?

& Masuka: Fucking Bay Harbor butcher’s butchering my online social life.
    Dexter: .... Sorry.


& Doakes: I know you’re connected to the Ice-Truck Killer.
    Dexter: Could you be more vague?
    Doakes: I know you’re too careful. Your assets are all in cash, you don’t belong to any organizations or alumni groups. You were top of your class in med school but you changed for blood spatter. I know you studied martial arts in college. But I don’t know what a lab geek needs with advanced Jiu-Jitsu... I know you’re a good liar too.
    Dexter: .... Not good enough.

& Dexter: You hoping they’ll talk to you? The ones with heads, anyway.
    Special Agent Lundy: They always speak, eventually. Just gotta ask the right question.
    Dexter: Which is?..
    Lundy: Why were they chosen?
    Dexter: Looking for a pattern?
    Lundy: One doesn’t kill this many people in this... careful, methodical way without a reason. Some... twisted set of principles.
    Dexter: They would have to be twisted, wouldn’t they?

& Lundy: The worst killers are usually the ones who think their murders were somehow... just. Even deserved. Leaders have slaughtered whole populations for the same wacky reason. But there’s never any justification for killing. Well, one, of course... To save an innocent life.

& Dexter: To save an innocent life... I didn’t do it to save lives. But save lives, I did.

& Dexter: I’m Dexter. And... I’m not sure of what I am.
    — Hi, Dexter.
    Dexter: I just know there is something dark in me. And I hide it. I certainly don’t talk about it. It’s there, always. This dark passenger. And when he’s driving, I feel... Alive. Half sick with the thrill, the complete wrongness... I don’t fight him. I don’t want to. He’s all I’ve got. Nothing else could love me. Not even... especially not me.

& Doakes: I knew there was something wrong with you. The secrets, the sneaking around... Now it all makes sense.

& Dexter: Here’s my sponsor.
    Rita: Really? Where? The guy in the blue shirt?
    Dexter: No, next to him. Lila.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий