17 июн. 2013 г.

Stoker

& India: Just as the skirt needs the wind to billow... I’m not formed by things that are of myself alone.

& India: This is me. Just as a flower does not choose its color... we are not responsible for what we have come to be. Only once you realize this do you become free. And to become adult... is to become free.

& Mrs. McGarrick: Why, India, you’re white as a sheet! Is something wrong?
    India: Yes... My father is dead.

& Evelyn: Go shopping. We could get some ice cream.
    India: In Victorian times, a widow was expected to mourn her husband for two years. At least.
    Evelyn: India.
    India: But in Ancient China... they built a straw hut beside the grave and lived there for three years doing nothing.

& Charles: You know, he used to say to me: “What kind of family is family that never comes home?”


& India: Have you ever seen a photograph of yourself... taken when you didn’t know you’re being photographed? From an angle you don’t get to see when you look in the mirror. And you think, “That’s me. That’s also me.” Do you...? Do you know what I’m talking about?

& India: I always thought Dad liked hunting. But tonight I realized he did it for me. He used to say, “Sometimes you need to do something bad... to stop you from doing something worse.”

& Charles: What kind of family is family you can’t take home?

& Evelyn: You know, I’ve often wondered why it is we have children in the first place. And the conclusion I’ve come to is... at some point in our lives, we realize things are... They’re screwed up beyond repair. So we decide to start again. Wipe the slate clean. Start afresh. And we have children. Little carbon copies we can turn to and say, “You will do what I could not. You will succeed where I have failed.” Because we want someone to get it right this time... But not me.

& Sheriff: In a hurry? Know how fast you were going?
    India: Effectively fast, Mister Sheriff.
    Sheriff: Effective for what?
    India: To get your attention!

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий