19 июн. 2013 г.

Enemies of Rome

Spartacus: War of the Damned

Season 3 Episode 1

& Naevia: We have won the day.
    Spartacus: We have won nothing.
Ω Such an intense start of the season.

& Metellus: How could a handful of errant slaves continue to vex us? ... Such chaos and death at the hands of a fucking slave.

& Spartacus: Double our sentries in surrounding hills. I would not be caught unaware.
    Agron: You give those shits credit beyond due.
    Spartacus: Underestimating your opponent is a Roman trait, Agron. Do not fall prey to it.

& Crassus: The time for words has ended. Spartacus must fall... and I shall set upon what path I must to see day hastened. For the glory of Rome.

& Nasir: I am forever in Spartacus’ debt, for parting veil.
    Agron: A debt shared equally by all. One we shall repay with Roman lives.

& Spartacus: I could not save my wife. And I can fight to see a day when no innocent life is so easily disregarded. A day when the Romans and their cruelty are but distant memory.

& Gannicus: Let us share wine and women, and set aside such heavy fucking thoughts.
    Spartacus: The offer is much appreciated.
    Gannicus: Then I will drink and fuck in your name. Fight when called upon. The very steps to the Roman Senate if that is where your madness leads.


& Tertulla: He deserves position of note, worthy of the name he bears.
    Crassus: He does not yet hold the years for the title of Tribune.
    Tertulla: Coin and persuasion would see such rules set aside...
    Crassus: He has not earned it. Tiberius has shown great promise as a soldier. Yet he falls from target in strategy and discerning mind.
    Tertulla: Then lend instruction.
    Crassus: My lessons never cease. It is for him to apply them.

& Spartacus: Did you expect freedom to come absent cost?
    Diotimos: No. Yet absent fucking plan to be clothed or fed we must take matters into our own hands. Or risk early grave waiting for the Bringer of Fucking Rain to bless us with much needed shower.

& Diotimos: You are Spartacus?! Apologies, I-I did...
    Spartacus: Still tongue. You may not always have full belly or warm cloak, but while I draw breath you have freedom to speak your heart. Even against the great man upon the hill.

& Soldier: You there! What is your purpose so near rebel encampment? Who else is with you? Find fucking tongue! Who is with you?
    Naevia: .... Death.

& Gannicus: I stand your equal with sword. Yet you have me by fucking spear.

& Spartacus: Gannicus, Crixus... I would have you at my side.
    Agron: I am to stand idle, with arm up fucking ass?

& Naevia: If. A word forever casting shadow.

& Tiberius: You waste hour sparring with a common slave.
    Crassus: Was Spartacus not also once thought of as such? Would you dismiss him so casually as well?
    Tiberius: No. Yet for all his victories Spartacus is still a slave.
    Crassus: He’s a man. No better or worse than any sharing title.
    Tiberius: You would place him upon equal footing with a Roman?
    Crassus: In some regards, he’s proven to stand even higher.

& Crassus: You believe wealth and position grant you advantage over those beneath you?
    Tiberius: I believe we tower above a slave in all things, no matter what name he bears.
    Crassus: Then couple words with actions, and prove belief.

& Crixus: We do not know how many await inside.
    Gannicus: Let us pray they are not too few.
    Crixus: I am encircled by mad fucks. And begin to count myself as one.

& Gannicus: The gods favor us.
    Crixus: Spartacus holds no belief in them.
    Spartacus: I pray this night they prove me wrong.

& Hilarus: Dominus. None stand more worthy of respect than you.
    Crassus: Then see it given. Come at me. As you would an opponent in the arena, absent thought of mercy.
    Tiberius: Father!..
    Crassus: We all have lessons that must learned. I would have this my final test. And in its completion, knowledge that I am readied to face those trained in your arts upon field of battle.
    Hilarus: You ask me to kill you.
    Crassus: I command you to try.

& Hilarus: You were waiting... for me to think you’d made misstep I warned you of...
    Crassus: Knowledge and patience. The only counter to greater skill.
    Hilarus: You have been well schooled.
    Crassus: Know that your service will not pass unremembered. The coin I promised had you bested me shall be set towards monument to the storied gladiator Hilarus.
    Hilarus: It has been the greatest of honors to have served you, Dominus.
    Crassus: The honor was mine.
Ω And so Spartacus’ champion was born.

& Cossinius: Name terms of surrender, and let us be done with this.
    Spartacus: There are none I would trust a Roman to honor.

& Metellus: Let us move from clouded past and turn eye towards pressing future. Sole command and charge to bring Spartacus to deserved end is now yours. Along with title of Imperator, if you so wish it.
    Crassus: I serve the glory of Rome.
    Metellus: As do we all.

& Tiberius: How did you know Spartacus would make attempt on their lives, instead of fleeing when knowledge was gained of your army advancing from Rome?
    Crassus: Because it is what I would have done.

& Crixus: There is not a villa in all the lands that could hold so many of us.
    Spartacus: No, there is not. Only a city could hold us now. And we shall tear one from the flesh of Rome, and salt mortal wound with blood and death.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий