10 июн. 2013 г.

Mhysa

Game of Thrones 3×10

Season III Finale

& Sansa: What are you doing?
    Tyrion: I have a list.
    Sansa: A list of people you mean to kill? For laughing at me?
    Tyrion: Do I look like Joffrey to you? No, death seems a bit extreme. Fear of death, on the other hand...

& Joffrey: I am the king! I will punish you.
    Tywin: Any man who must say, “I am the king” is no true king... I’ll make sure you understand that when I’ve won your war for you.
    Joffrey: My father won the real war! He killed Prince Rhaegar! He took the crown while you hid under Casterly Rock!
    Tywin: ............... The king is tired. See him to his chambers.

& Tywin: Not you.

& Tyrion: I’m all for cheating. This is war. But to slaughter them at a wedding...
    Tywin: Explain to me why it is more noble to kill 10,000 men in battle than a dozen at dinner.
    Tyrion: So that’s why you did it? To save lives?
    Tywin: To end the war. To protect the family.

& Tywin: Shall I explain to you in one easy lesson how the world works?
    Tyrion: Use small words. I’m not as bright as you.
    Tywin: The house that puts family first will always defeat the house that puts the whims and wishes of its sons and daughters first. A good man does everything in his power to better his family’s position regardless of his own selfish desires... Does that amuse you?
    Tyrion: No, it’s a very good lesson. Only it’s easy for you to preach utter devotion to family when you’re making all the decisions.
    Tywin: Easy for me, is it?
    Tyrion: When have you ever done something that wasn’t in your interest but solely for the benefit of the family?
    Tywin: The day that you were born....... I wanted to carry you into the sea and let the waves wash you away. Instead, I let you live. And I brought you up as my son. Because you’re a Lannister.

& Meera: If the gods turned every killer into a giant white rat...
    Bran: It wasn’t for murder the gods cursed the Rat Cook or for serving the king’s son in a pie. He killed a guest beneath his roof. That’s something the gods can’t forgive.

& Lord Bolton: Ramsay well... Ramsay has his own way of doing things.

& Ramsay: Well, the girls weren’t lying. You had a good-sized cock... What?.. No! Pork sausage. You think I’m some sort of savage?

& Ramsay: I’ve always wondered... do eunuchs have a phantom cock?

& Ramsay: Sorry. I shouldn’t make jokes. My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples... But my father taught me to aim for their head.

& Ramsay: You don’t look like a Theon Greyjoy anymore. That’s a name for a lord. But you’re not a lord, are you? You’re just... meat. Stinking meat. You reek. Reek! That’s a good name for you. What’s your name?
    Theon: Theon Greyjoy.
    Ramsay: ... What’s your name?
    Theon: Th... Theon Greyjoy. Please.
    Ramsay: ... What... is... your... name?!
    Theon: Reek. My name is... Reek.


& Gilly: Come with us. There’s nothing north but death.
    Sam: If Jon is alive, then Castle Black’s where he’ll be. It’s the safest place for you.
    Jojen: There’s nowhere safe any longer. You know that.
    Sam: What I know is what I saw. And if you saw it, too, you’d run the other way.
    Jojen: You saw the white walkers and the army of the dead.
    Sam: How do you know all that?
    Jojen: The Night’s Watch can’t stop them. The kings of Westeros and all their armies can’t stop them.
    Sam: ... But you’re going to stop them?

& Jojen: What are they for?
    Sam: Killing white walkers.
    Meera: How do you know that?
    Gilly: The walker came for my baby. And Sam...
    Meera: But no one’s killed a white walker in thousands of years!
    Sam: Well, I suppose someone had to be the first.

& Gendry: I should have known. Every time a highborn asks my name, it’s trouble. We’re not really people to you, are we? Just a million different ways to get what you want.

& Davos: I did it for my son. I didn’t want him to step over a river of shit every time he stepped through his front door. I wanted him to have a better life.
    Gendry: Does he?
    Davos: He’s dead...
    Gendry: How’d he die?
    Davos: ... Following me.

& Varys: We break bread with them, but that doesn’t make us family. We’ve learned their language, but we’ll never be their countrymen. If you let yourself believe that a foreign girl with no name could spend her life with the son of Tywin Lannister...
    Shae: I have a name!
    Varys: You have one name. As do I. Here only the family name matters.

& Shae: Why do you want me to leave?
    Varys: Tyrion Lannister is one of the few people alive who could make this country a better place. He has the mind for it, he has the will, he has the right last name. And you... you are a complication.

& Tyrion: It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.

& Cersei: You want to make things better for Sansa? Give her a child.
    Tyrion: So you can tell Father it was you who finally talked me into it?
    Cersei: So she can have some happiness in her life.
    Tyrion: You have children. How happy would you say you are?
    Cersei: Not very... But if it weren’t for my children, I’d have thrown myself from the highest window in the Red Keep.

& Tyrion: How long does it go on?
    Cersei: Until we’ve dealt with all our enemies.
    Tyrion: Every time we deal with an enemy, we create two more.
    Cersei: Then I suppose it will go on for quite a long time.

& Clegane: Is that the first man you’ve killed?
    Arya: The first man.

& Davos: “To His Grace King Stannis Baratheon. Invaded... inv... invit... invited to the name day celebration for Rylene Florent on the first nigit...”
    Shireen: Night.
    Davos: “First night of the full moon.” Why is there a G in night?
    Shireen: I don’t know. There just is.

& Stannis: My enemies have made my kingdom bleed. I will not forget that. I will not forgive that. I will punish them with any arms at my disposal.
    Davos: You do not need to burn the boy. If what you say is true, a drop of his blood killed Robb Stark...
    Melisandre: And our king is still no closer to the Iron Throne. A great gift requires a great sacrifice.
    Davos: .... His name is Gendry.

& Davos: He’s a good lad. A poor lad from Flea Bottom who happens to be your nephew.
    Stannis: What is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?
    Davos: Everything.
    Stannis: The boy must die.

& Davos: The other way. You ever been in a boat before?
    Gendry: No.
    Davos: You know how to swim?
    Gendry: No.
    Davos: Then don’t fall out.

& Gendry: Why are you doing this?
    Davos: Because it’s right. And because I’m a slow learner.

& Melisandre: Your mercy saved the boy’s life. You feel good about that?
    Davos: Aye, I do.
    Melisandre: You saved one innocent. How many tens of thousands have you doomed?

& Melisandre: This War of Five Kings means nothing. The true war lies to the north, my king. Death marches on the Wall. Only you can stop him.

& Daenerys: Perhaps they didn’t want to be conquered.
    Ser Jorah: You didn’t conquer them. You liberated them.
    Daenerys: People learn to love their chains.

& — Mhysa! Mhysa! Mhysa!
    Daenerys: What does it mean?
    Missandei: It is old Ghiscari, khaleesi. It means “mother.”

--
On the IMDb

Σ Wait another year. Damn!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий