27 июн. 2013 г.

In Care Of

Mad Men 6×13

Season 6 Finale

& Don: Los Angeles is not what you see in the movies. It’s like Detroit with palm trees.

& Ken: Name a chocolate.
    Don: What, like Hershey’s?

& Don: Hershey’s isn’t serious. They don’t advertise. They never have.

& Minister: What if I told you that Jesus could offer you not only eternal life, but freedom from pain in this life?
    Don: I’m doing just fine. Nixon’s the president. Everything’s back where Jesus wants it.
    Minister: He doesn’t work that way.
    Don: ’Cause He’s mysterious... He offer the same deal to Kennedy?.. Martin Luther King?.. Vietnam, for Christ’s sake? Studies show Jesus had a bad year.
    Minister: Well, I’m afraid there’s not one true believer in that list.
    Don: What the hell did you just say?!

& Minister from Don’s childhood: The only unpardonable sin is to believe God cannot forgive you.

& Clara: You just got this telegram.
    Pete: Open it.
    Clara: Let’s see... “Need to inform you, mother lost at...” Oh, my goodness. She fell off a ship!
    Pete: What?!

& Don: I spent the night in jail.
    Megan: Why are you laughing?
    Don: Because I realized it’s gotten out of control. I’ve gotten out of control.
    Megan: Sorry you had to find out that way.
    Don: But I realized something else, too. I don’t want to be here anymore... I want to move to California.
Ω Plagiarist!

& Don: We were happy there. We could be happy again.

& Don: I can probably get you out there eventually.
    Stan: To work for you? No, I’d rather stay here.
    Don: Where are you going?
    Stan: I’m gonna have that sandwich on my desk. I need to get to it before you do.

& Peggy: I’m leaving a little early because I have plans. I hope that’s okay.
    Cutler: Yes, of course, dear... Chanel No. 5?
    Peggy: It’s all I wear.
    Crane: ....... Vixen by night.

& Ted: I don’t know why women do anything. Why did you parade your ass in front of my door on your way out to see another man?
    Peggy: I’m following your lead, Ted. You let Don terrify you into ignoring me and now you’re here.
    Ted: Because I don’t want anyone else to have you!

& Ted: Peggy, I’m going to leave my wife.
    Peggy: Don’t say that. I’m not that girl.
    Ted: I love you!

& Ted: Let’s go to Hawaii.
    Peggy: For work?
    Ted: For Christmas.


& Ted: I don’t know how to say this, but I want to go to California.
    Don: Really? We can’t both go. {...}
    Ted: I’m the one who needs to start over.
    Don: With Peggy?
    Ted: No. With my family.
    Don: I don’t understand.

& Don: I’m sorry, I have to say this ’cause I don’t know if I’ll ever see you again.
    Hershey: What?
    Don: I was an orphan. I grew up in Pennsylvania... in a whorehouse. I read about Milton Hershey and his school in “Coronet” magazine or some other crap the girls left by the toilet. And I read that some orphans had a different life there. I could picture it. I dreamt of it... of being wanted. Because the woman who was forced to raise me would look at me every day like she hoped I would disappear. Closest I got to feeling wanted was from a girl who made me go through her john’s pockets while they screwed. If I collected more than a dollar, she’d buy me a Hershey bar. And I would eat it alone in my room with great ceremony... feeling like a normal kid. It said “Sweet” on the package... It was the only sweet thing in my life.
    Hershey: Do you want to advertise that?
    Don: If I had my way, you would never advertise. You shouldn’t have someone like me telling that boy what a Hershey bar is. He already knows.

& Trudy: I’d invite you, but I think it’s best you’re alone right now.
    Pete: Don’t be cruel!
    Trudy: No. It’s going to take you a moment to realize where you are. You’re free. Free of her. You’re free of them. You’re free of everything.
    Pete: It’s not the way I wanted it.
    Trudy: Now you know that.

& Cooper: Don, there’s no need for defense. This isn’t a trial. The verdict has been reached.

& Don: I want a return date.
    Cooper: We can’t give you that.
Ω Hm-hm. Finally, The Final?

& Stan: I thought you left.
    Peggy: No, I’ve got too much to do.
    Stan: And you thought you’d do it in here?
    Peggy: It’s where everything is.

& Sally: Why are we stopping?
    Bobby: This is a bad neighborhood.
    Don: Come on... This is where I grew up.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий