15 июн. 2013 г.

Derek 1×6

& Derek: Do you ever think a monkey would ride on a pig? Well, look.

& Derek: He thought it’d be better... Be better without him. He was wrong. I wish he would have stayed. I could have played with him when he wasn’t drunk... You should always stay with your baby.

& Gerald: She doesn’t always know me... but I look forward to seeing her every day. She’s still the same person... And every day I introduce myself and we get to know each other all over again. I’m lucky... Who else gets to fall in love 365 times a year?

& Gerald: You see, here’s the thing. People see a couple of doddering old fools caught in a time warp, waiting to die. But I see a beautiful young girl from Dublin who wants to spend the rest of her life with me... I win.

& Gerald: Don’t feel sorry for me. Or Lizzie. We had the best life we could ever have had... cos we spent it together.

& Derek: I didn’t have a dad, but I’ve had lots of mums, sort of things. Lots of people have... I’ve had my real mum, I loved her, and I’ve had loads of other mums, sort of. I loves them. And I’ve lost loads of mums as well. That’s the sad bit. But I’d rather have had them than not had them ever, like my dad.


& Dougie: From the moment you’re born, from the moment your head pops out, someone gives you a slap, you know, to make you cry, cos that’s how they know you’re alive. You cry. And then that’s it, isn’t it, for the next 70 or 80 years. That’s what life is — someone giving you a slapping and a load of crying. That’s life.

& Derek: I only prays that I die before Hannah. That’s all. And anything else that happens is all right.

& Derek: I don’t think it makes any difference anyway, cos I’ve prayed for things that haven’t happened and I haven’t prayed for things that have happened, so I don’t think it matters whether you believe in God or not.

& Derek: I’ve met people what don’t believe in God that are nice and what are horrible, and I’ve met people that do believe in God what are nice and what are horrible, so just be nice. That’s the easiest thing, just be nice.

& Hannah: I don’t know if I pray, you know, as such. I hope. If there is a God, he’ll know what I’m thinking anyway, won’t he? So...

& Kev: Muff. That’s it.

& Dougie: Pray? No. No, I wouldn’t bother. No-one listens to me anyway, do they? What’s the point in praying? No. I just have a moan instead. That’s my way of getting it out.

& Dougie: Meaning of life? There isn’t a meaning of life. If there is, don’t worry about it. You’re here now, get on with it.

& Dougie: In fact, I know why I’m here. Yeah, I’ll give you a proper answer to that question. I’ll tell you why I’m here. Cos when I was a little sperm, I won the race to the egg. That’s why I’m here, that’s what life’s about. It’s how it works. As a little sperm, I won the race to the egg... You know, that was the last thing I won as well.

& Hannah: I’ve learned that you’ve got to look after people, that it’s important to care for people, that... you shouldn’t be selfish, you should... try and look after the old and the ill and the... the weak, you know? And then you’ll never be stuck for something to do, because there’ll always be people to look after. It never stops. Yeah, there’s no end.

& Kev: There’s only one point to life and that’s the orgasm. The male orgasm, that is. I do not understand the point of the female orgasm at all.

& — Do you have any regrets?
    Kev: Yeah. That I always try the easy way out, you know? Always, well... I thought it was the easy way out. Yeah. Always look for an angle and I’d look for a shortcut. I should’ve tried, yes. Should’ve worked hard. {...} I’m a failure, I guess. But I’m not a failure cos I didn’t succeed. I’m a failure cos I didn’t try.

& Kev: Derek took the best shortcut you can. The only shortcut that’s good. The only shortcut that works. And that’s kindness.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Touching. And touching. And touching again.
    Great show.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий