5 июн. 2013 г.

A Tale of Two Cities

Mad Men 6×10

& Megan: They’re supposed to be debating the war.
    Don: They can debate it all they want, they just can’t come out against it.
    Megan: Then no one will vote for Humphrey.
    Don: Over Nixon?

& Cutler: They don’t know our name because we don’t know our name.
    Don: Aren’t we SCDPCGC?

& Ted: I know that no one has observed the memo that requested specifically that all seven letters be used when answering the phone.
    Joan: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Cutler Gleason and Chaough? It’s a mouthful.
    Cutler: SCDPCGC is a mouthful. But CGCSCDP is not.

& Roger: We’ve each lost a partner. Why don’t we each lose a letter? SCDC.
    Pete: What do the Cs stand for?
    Cutler: Not Campbell.
    Roger: Cooper and Cutler.

& Roger: Be slick. Be glib. Be you.
    Don: Well, I’m usually informed.
    Roger: We’re conquistadors. I’m Vasco da Gama and you’re some other Mexican. We’re gonna land there, buy whatever they’ve got for the beads in our pockets. Our biggest challenge is to not get syphilis.


& Cutler: I served in the Air Force. Did you?
    Michael: You’re disgusting, you know that? This whole thing works because people like you look the other way.
    Cutler: My politics are private. But that presentation isn’t. Now, are you gonna hide your dawdling behind your outrage?
    Michael: You’ll have your work and you know it. You can go in there and take credit for it like you always do. Be friendly and charming after you’ve stuck your fascist boot on my neck.
    Cutler: So I’m a fascist because I gave you a deadline?
    Michael: No, you’re a fascist because you love business and you hate everything else... freedom, blacks, Jews.
    Stan: This is my stop.
    Cutler: I hate hypocrites. Like hippies who cash checks from Dow Chemical and General Motors.
    Michael: You rooting for the Soviets in Prague, too, you Nazi?

& Hayes-Avon: And what is your job there?
    Joan: I’m in charge of thinking of things before people know they need them.

& Cutler: I was just coming to see you.
    Bob: But you’re not going anywhere.
    Cutler: I was, but then you appeared.
    Bob: At the risk of playing defense, I only interfered because I hate disrespect.
    Cutler: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
    Bob: Neither do I.

& Hayes-Avon: They don’t bring in a new guy unless they’re expanding or sales are flat. I’m afraid it’s the latter. Women are working. They’re not home. And hippies don’t wear makeup at all. I’m not sure if we should try to be “groovier” or nostalgic. We’re somewhere in between right now.

& Bob: Come on, buddy. You got a little stage fright. Maybe you smoked too many funny cigarettes.
    Michael: I never touch that stuff. It makes you crazy.
    Bob: I know what you’re feeling and it’s fear. But not fear of failure, fear of opportunity.
    Stan: I can’t watch this.

& Danny: You’re lucky I hate violence, man.
    Roger: Really? I love it. You know, I was a boxer. There’s nothing like finding that magic spot that’ll drop a man to his knees. You know, unless he’s already starting there...
    Danny: ... Hated to do that.

& Don: I don’t know what happened. I usually feel better out there.
    Roger: You’ve got to stop talking in the past. You know what I learned? New York is the center of the universe. We could send a landing craft out there, but they don’t understand what we do.
    Don: Or they understand it thoroughly.
    Roger: My shrink says the job of your life is to know yourself. Sooner or later, you’ll start to love who you are. And apparently I’m a curious child with a full head of hair and a thriving business... And you’re a terrible swimmer.

& Joan: Isn’t the point that Avon’s happy?
    Pete: Oh, I bet you’re making him very happy.
    Joan: Because it’s better than being screwed by you.

& Cutler: I’d like to offer what we believe to be a deferential solution.
They want to call the agency Sterling Cooper & Partners.
    Pete: Well, we know you like it.
    Ted: It would depend on Don, Jim, and me all sharing the blow.
    Don: You’re willing to do that?..
    Cutler: It’s the only thing that’s equally offensive to all.
    Don: SC ampersand P...

& Pete: Trust me, that name is a consolation prize. It’s a gravestone to our resistance. You have no idea what’s going on out there. This is not the same business anymore!
    Don: If you don’t like it, maybe it’s time to get out of the business...

& Pete: What are you doing?
    Stan: Working.

Janis Joplin — Piece of my heart

♪ Come on, come on ♪
♪ Come on, come on ♪
♪ Didn't I make you feel ♪
♪ Like you were the only man? ♪

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий