2 окт. 2012 г.

Homeland 2x1

The Smile

& Saul: Two days ago Israel bombed five nuclear sites deep inside Iran. Ayatollahs are not amused. They have climbed into their minbars, vowed to retaliate against the West. You’re saying it’s not a coincidence this woman comes forward now. I’m saying it’s not a coincidence we can ignore.

& VP Walden: What did we miss, Nick? What flaw in your character, what deep abiding secret? I need to know. I need to know now.

& Carrie: What do you want?
    Galvez: Estes needs to see you.
    Carrie: Tell him to fuck off.

& Jessica: My God, Brody, Vice President of the United States?

& Jessica: Her attitude sucks.
    Brody: Yeah, she’s 16.
    Jessica: When I was 16, I was working two jobs, saving money for junior college.
    Brody: Yeah? I was repeating my sophomore year in high school.

& David: I didn’t come here to open old wounds, and just so we’re clear, this isn’t you getting your job back. This is you being a good citizen.

& Maggie: You say this is about patriotism, but we both know that’s not the whole story. Part of you wants to do this.


& Brody: I told Nazir I would influence lawmakers through my access. That is what I’m doing, and that is what we agreed to.
    Roya Hammad: I know what you agreed to.
    Brody: I am not a terrorist.
    Roya: There’s a difference between terrorism and a justifiable act of retaliation.

& Roya: Nicholas, we’re at war. You need to choose sides.

& Tad: Who do you think you are and what do you know about any of this anyways?
    Dana: What do you know?
    Tad: Well, what if I told you my dad is undersecretary of state?
    Dana: Yeah, well, what if I told you my dad’s a Muslim?
    .........
    Student: Right, and mine’s a Scientologist.

& Jessica: I-I don’t understand. These are the people who tortured you. These are the people who if they found out Dana and Xander were having sex, they would stone her to death in a soccer stadium...
    Brody: That’s not supposed to touch the floor!
    Jessica: Did you actually just say that?

& Brody: So, uh, I understand you used to work together when he ran the agency... the vice president.
    David: Bill Walden’s the reason I’m in this job. He pulled me off a division desk to help him run the drone program back when we only had eight Predators over Baghdad.
    Brody: How many do you have now?
    David: How many?
    Brody: Predators.
    David: I don’t know, 8,000? 9,000?
    Brody: You lost count?
    David: Al-Qaeda’s been gutted because of those drones. That’s what matters, right?
    Brody: ... Right.

& Dana: Dad? What are you doing?
    Brody: Your mom threw my Koran on the floor, tore some pages. It’s desecrated. So I’m burying it out of respect.
    Dana: Here, Dad, let me help.

--
On the IMDb

Oh, yeah, half the kingdom for The [Emmy winning Claire Danes'] Smile.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий