28 окт. 2012 г.

Breaking Bad 2x9

4 Days Out

& Saul: All right, 16,000 laundered at 75 cents on the dollar... minus my fee, which is 17 percent... comes to $9960. Congratulations, you just left your family a secondhand Subaru.
    Walter: Well, we’ll just have to cook more. A lot more.
    Saul: Yeah, that’s my legal opinion.

& Skyler: God, Walt. I need you to stay positive with me here.
    Walter: I am. Positive is good. I’m all for positive... but positive doesn’t change facts, all right? It.... It doesn’t change the need to be prepared.

& Jesse: Why can’t we just go to the movies or putt-putt?
    Jane: It’s the shit. A little culture won’t kill you. Besides, you might like it. A lot of her paintings look like vaginas.

& Walter: Three entire bags of Funyuns?!
    Jesse: What? Funyuns are awesome.
    Walter: God...
    Jesse: Hey, more for me.
    Walter: How about something with some protein maybe? Something green, huh? How are you even alive?

& Jesse: Look, I didn’t turn the key or anything, all right? I’m not stupid. Did you hear the buzzer buzz? I did not. It’s faulty. It’s a faulty mechanism.
    Walter: Is this just a genetic thing with you? Is it congenital? Did your mother drop you on your head when you were a baby?

& Jesse: Why couldn’t I have just gone to Santa Fe?....

& Jesse: Where’s my other shoe?
    Walter: Jesse. Jesse. Your body... is running dangerously low on electrolytes. Sodium, potassium, calcium. And when they’re gone... your brain ceases to communicate with your muscles. Your lungs stop breathing, your heart stops pumping. You go marching out there... and within an hour, you will be dead.
    Jesse: Okay, you need to cut out all your loser crybaby crap right now... and think of something scientific. Something...
    Walter: Something scientific, right.


& Jesse: You’re smart, all right? You made poison out of beans, yo. All right, look. We got... We got an entire lab right here, all right? How about you take some of these chemicals... and mix up some rocket fuel? And we can just send up a signal flare. Or you make some kind of robot to get us help... or a homing device... or build a new battery or.... Or wait, no. What if we just take some stuff off of the RV... and build it into something completely different? You know, like a... Like a dune buggy. And that way, we can just dune-buggy or....

& Walter: Do you have any money?
    Jesse: .....
    Walter: Change, I mean. Coins.
    Jesse: Yeah, I got a bunch from the...
    Walter: Gather them. And washers and nuts and bolts and screws... and whatever little pieces of metal we can think of that is galvanized. It has to be galvanized or solid zinc.
    Jesse: Solid zinc, okay.
    Walter: And... And bring me... Bring me brake pads. The front wheels should have discs. Take them off and bring them to me.

& Jesse: What are we building?
    Walter: You said it yourself.
    Jesse: A robot?!
    Walter: A battery.
    Jesse: Yes. ............ This doesn’t look like any battery I ever saw.
    Walter: Well, trust me, it is a battery. Or rather, one cell of a battery.

& Walter: Remember the electrolytes?.... Well, think about it. A battery is a galvanic cell. It’s no more than an anode and a cathode... separated by an electrolyte, right?
    Jesse: ... Right.
    Walter: Yeah, well, anyway. Here. On one side, you have mercuric oxide... and graphite from your brake pads. This is the cathode. This is the positive terminal. This is where the supply of current flows out from, you see? Then.... Here, I’ll show you. On the opposite side is our anode. This. It’s zinc. It’s what we find in our coins and anything galvanized.
    Jesse: So the sponge is the electrolyte?
    Walter: Yeah. Well, no, the potassium hydroxide is the electrolyte. But, yes, that’s what I’m soaking the sponges in.
    Jesse: Good.
    Walter: Good. And now, what shall we use... to conduct this beautiful current with?.. What one particular element comes to mind?.. Wire. Copper.
    Jesse: Oh, I mean...
    Walter: Copper. Right. The only question now is will this supply enough current...
    Jesse: And how many cells will we need?

& Jesse: Hey, whatever happens... your family will get your share.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий