12 окт. 2012 г.

Hell on Wheels 1x4

Jamais je ne t’oublierai

& — Is it true about Johnson?
    Cullen: Yeah, it’s true.
    — What’s the world comin’ to, sir?
    Cullen: The world ain’t comin’ to nothin’, son. Same as it ever was.

Scarlet Town by Gillian Welch


& Cole: Maybe you’ve heard of the Sand Creek massacre?
    Lily: I didn’t come here to speak of this.
    Cole: You know, the Cheyenne were flying the American flag over their camp and it didn’t stop the U.S. Calvary from killing 100 innocent women and children.
    Lily: That was a terrible thing that happened. I wasn’t a part of it.
    Cole: Please, I’m just saying, try to see the bigger picture.
    Lily: My husband was slaughtered right in front of me. It’s a little difficult to see the bigger picture.

& Cullen: You have any idea what they took from me?
    Elam: They ain’t took nothin’ from you that ain’t been took from me.


& Sean: I just had a grand idea.
    Mickey: Oh, no.
    Sean: It’s a business idea.

& Eva: My white customers know I laid with a colored fella, I starve. But... if you got a dollar, then... maybe we can do one off the books.
    Elam: Now you tryin’ to get us both killed.

& The Swede: That is your cut. And you just look the other way while my boys unload, uh, you know, a few barrels.
    Cullen: Is that some of that... immoral mathematics, Mr. Swede?

& Elam: Folks be telling all kind of tales ’bout what that mean...
    Eva: Well... what do you think it means?
    Elam: I reckon it mean you was a slave... just like me.
    Eva: Tuunuchch... hamokm... Ahatch... asentk. It’s three blankets and a horse. That’s what I was worth to ’em.
    Elam: Them eyes of yours alone worth a hundred horses. They was fools.

& Eva: Best I can tell... you ain’t one of nobody or nothin’.
    Elam: Just like you. Hmm?
    Eva: Nothin’ like two peas in a pod, huh?

& Cole: Hi, Mr. Bohannon. Did the good Lord save you from hanging so you could drown yourself in whiskey?

& Cole: It was hard work, brother, but I... I kept a hacking and a hacking... And a hacking till I couldn’t hack no more. Now, that’s bleedin’ Kansas.
    Cullen: Why didn’t you just shoot ’em?
    Cole: Oh... The mercy of a bullet was something they didn’t deserve.

& Cole: No one deserves forgiveness, brother... That’s the beauty of grace.

& Cullen: I ain’t your master. You wanted freedom, you got it. Figure it out your damn self.

& Sean: Are ya daft, Mick?
    Mickey: What? It’s brilliant. It’s a nickel a peep, the show’s always changing, and there’s no need for new slides.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий