10 окт. 2012 г.

Elementary 1x2

While You Were Sleeping

& Holmes: Amygdala!
    Watson: ... What do you mean you put yourself in a trance?
    Holmes: Hypnotize myself. Simple, really. The key is word repetition. My word, as you may have guessed, is “amygdala.”

& Watson: Why can’t you listen?
    Holmes: Attic Theory. I’ve always believed the human brain is like... an attic. A storage space for facts. But because that space is finite, it must be filled only with the things one needs to be the best version of oneself. It’s important, therefore, not to have useless facts. The natterings that comprise a typical support group meeting, for example, crowding out useful ones.

& Watson: ... That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. That is not even how the brain works...
    Holmes: It’s how my brain works.

& Holmes: Bureaucracy. One of the many reasons I’m not a policeman.

& Watson: Um, I’ve got to go meet my friend soon. You’re going to be okay getting home by yourself?
    Holmes: This, uh, friend that you’re meeting... when was the last time you slept with him?
    Watson: ........
    Holmes: It’s quite obvious it’s a he and an ex-lover. You go out of your way to avoid gender every time you talk about him and you avert your gaze every time you say “friend.” As to how I know it’s not a current lover, your walk speaks volumes.
    Watson: My walk?
    Holmes: Study in Belgium showed that a woman’s recent orgasmic history can be discerned from her gait*. Yours would indicate it’s been a while.
    Watson: Is it sad being wrong as often as you are right?
    Holmes: My advice: sleep with him. Do wonders for your mood.


& Watson: Um, can we talk about Captain Gregson?
    Holmes: He’s married, I’m afraid, quite happily.

& Watson: It’s a test for pseudocoma. When the patient’s hand is released directly above the face, it should strike the face on the way down.

& Holmes: I don’t play anymore. Attic theory. Playing took up too much space in my brain, so I stopped.
    Watson: That doesn’t even make any sense. You can’t unlearn something you already know.

& Holmes: You were right about the stress relief. I felt like Jimi Hendrix for a second there.

& Holmes: Ty! Such a pleasure. Joan’s told me so little about you.

& Watson: Invading my privacy... not okay.
    Holmes: Said the walking-talking professional invasion of privacy.

& Holmes: You don’t think I know you’d say anything to get out of these meetings? If you think these matter, then fine, tomorrow I’ll go to two, or ten, but right now I have a killer to stop.

«Bloodline» by James Mathé

♪ Take ♪
♪ My hand ♪
♪ If it gets you through, ♪
♪ then it’s all right ♪
♪ Take my hand ♪

--
gait — походка

On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий