1 окт. 2012 г.

Arbitrage

& Robert Miller: When I was a kid, my favorite teacher was Mr. James. Mr. James said, "World events all revolve around five things. M-O-N-E-Y."

& Robert: What did Mark Twain say about... he said, "Old age is clearly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." I've done a lot of things in my life. I've worked very hard, but being here, looking around... at all these shining, radiant faces, I know that my best work is right here in this room, right now. I'm deeply proud of all of you, and that's the best gift your mom and I could ever hope for. So thank you. ... I know it's very uncharacteristic of me, but I just want you to know that it's probably taken me 60 years for me to really understand what's truly important, and that's you guys. So I love you all very much.

& Brooke Miller: So what was that all about?
    Robert: What?
    Brooke: The last time you gave a speech like that, we lost the bid to Firestone.

& Ellen Miller: Well, it's all going to be fine. It always is. Just follow the plan.
    Robert: And what is that plan?
    Ellen: Confidence equals contract.
    Robert: You sound like a fortune cookie.
    Ellen: They are your words, actually.
    Robert: Then you married an idiot.

& Ellen: Let's take a year and get fat and have fun and go on an adventure. I mean, seriously, how much money do we need? Do you want to be the richest guy in the cemetery?

& Julie: Love means you fucking show up!

& Robert: Fingerprints? DNA?
    Felder: Very hard to collect after an explosion. Real world is different from television.
    Robert: What about cell phone records?
    Felder: Did this person make any calls from the area?
    Robert: Not from a cell phone. No.
    Felder: Then they won't be able to place him there.
    Robert: What would you advise such a person to do?
    Felder: To confess immediately.


& Felder: Let me tell you something... And I'm speaking to you as a friend now. There's about 50 things that person wouldn't have thought of. And the more time that passes, the more lies that are told, the worse it gets for him. Robert?
    Robert: Yeah?
    Felder: They're going to come to you.
    Robert: I know.

& Robert: What choice do I really have?

& Detective Bryer: I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation here, Jimmy. This is a homicide.
    Jimmy: Lawyer.

& Detective Bryer: I need a serious fucking favor.

& Robert: There's so much money coming out of this ground, you can't believe it. You can't... you can't stop it. Yes. I'm the oracle. I have done housing. I've arbitraged credit swaps. I have done it all. Yes. I know it's outside the charter, but it is fucking minting money. It is... it's a license to print money for everybody. Forever! It is God.
    Brooke: Until?..
    Robert: Until it's not. The money's trapped. I can't get it out. I probably never will. It's like a plane crash. It just happens.

& Robert: I'm on my own path. It's up to you to move with it or against it. But I'm the patriarch. That's my role. I have to play it.
    Brooke: ..... For a moment there, I thought you were going to say you're sorry.

& Ellen: tell me what's happening.
    Brooke: What do you want me to say? He's my dad. I have to trust him.
    Ellen: No. You have to do what's right for you. Not him. Not me. Not anyone. This is your life.

& Robert: You trying to blackmail me?
    Ellen: I think we call it negotiating.

& Brooke: ...A dedicated businessman, a family man, philanthropist, and all-around humanitarian. A man I am very lucky to call my mentor, my friend, and my father... Mr. Robert Miller.

--
On the IMDb

Soundtrack's excellent.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий