10 янв. 2012 г.

Sherlock 2x2

The Hounds of Baskerville

& Mrs. Hudson: How about a nice cuppa and perhaps you could put away your harpoon?
    Sherlock: I need something stronger than tea... Seven percent stronger.

& Sherlock: Oh, John, I envy you so much!
    Watson: You envy me?
    Sherlock: Your mind, it’s so placid*, straight-forward, barely used. Mine’s like an engine, racing out of control. A rocket, tearing itself to pieces, trapped on the launch pad. I need a case!
    Watson: You’ve just solved one, by harpooning a dead pig, apparently!
    Sherlock: Oh, that was this morning. When’s the next one?!

& Sherlock: ... Am I wrong?
    Henry Knight: No. You’re right. You’re completely, exactly right. Bloody hell, I heard you were quick.
    Sherlock: It’s my job. Now shut up and smoke.

& Henry: It’s a strange place, the Hollow. It makes you feel so cold inside, so afraid.
    Sherlock: Yes, if I wanted poetry, I’d read John’s emails to his girlfriends, much funnier. What did you see?

& Sherlock: Say that again.
    Henry: I found footprints, they were big...
    Sherlock: No, no, no, your exact words. Repeat your exact words from a moment ago, exactly as you said them.
    Henry: ’Mr. Holmes... they were the footprints of a gigantic hound.’’
    Sherlock: I’ll take the case.
    Henry: Sorry, what?!
    Sherlock: Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it’s very promising.
    Watson: Sorry, what? A minute ago, footprints were boring, now they’re very promising?
    Sherlock: It’s got nothing to do with footprints, you weren’t listening.

& Sherlock: I can’t leave London at the moment, far too busy. But don’t worry, I’m putting my best man onto it. I can always rely on John to send me the relevant data, as he never understands a word of it.

& Sherlock: 20-year-old disappearance, a monstrous hound? I wouldn’t miss this for the world!


& Gary: Sorry we couldn’t do a double room for you boys.
    Watson: That’s fine. We’re not... There you go.
    Gary: Oh, ta. I’ll just get your change.
    Watson: Ta.

& Watson: Captain John Watson, Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers.
    Corporal Lyons: Sir. Major Barrymore won’t be pleased, sir. He’ll want to see you both.

& Sherlock: Stapleton! I knew I knew your name.
    Dr. Stapleton: I doubt it.
    Sherlock: People say there’s no such thing as coincidence. Dull lives they must lead.

& Sherlock: I never did ask, Dr. Frankland, what exactly is it that you do here?
    Dr. Frankland: Ah, Mr. Holmes, I would love to tell you, but then, of course, I’d have to kill you.
    Sherlock: That would be tremendously ambitious of you.

& Sherlock: I saw it, too... I saw it too, John.
    Watson: Just... just a minute, you saw what?
    Sherlock: A hound. Out there in the Hollow. A gigantic hound.
    Watson: Um, look, Sherlock, we have to be rational about this. OK, now you, of all people, can’t just... Let’s just stick to what we know, yes? Stick to the facts.
    Sherlock: Once you’ve ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true.
    Watson: What does that mean?
    Sherlock: Look at me, I’m afraid, John. Afraid.

& Sherlock: Why do you call it a hound? Why a hound?
    Henry: Why? What do you mean?
    Sherlock: It’s odd, isn’t it? It’s a strange choice of words, archaic. That’s why I took the case. “Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound.” Why say “hound”?
    Henry: I don’t know, I’ve never...
    Sherlock: Actually, I’d better skip the coffee.

& Sherlock: Something happened to me last night, something I’ve not experienced before.
    Watson: Yes, you said. Fear, Sherlock Holmes got scared, you said.
    Sherlock: It was more than that, John. It was doubt.felt doubt. I’ve always been able to trust my senses, the evidence of my own eyes, until last night.
    Watson: You can’t actually believe that you saw some kind of monster?
    Sherlock: No, I can’t believe that. But I did see it, so the question is, how? How?

& Sherlock: Listen, what I said before, John, I meant it. I don’t have friends. I’ve just got one.

& Sherlock: John! You are amazing! You are fantastic!
    Watson: Yes, all right, you don’t have to overdo it.
    Sherlock: You may not be the most luminous of people, but as a
conductor of light, you are unbeatable.
    Watson: What?!
    Sherlock: Some people who aren’t geniuses have an ability to stimulate it in others.
    Watson: You were saying sorry. Don’t spoil it.

& Watson: What’s this?
    Sherlock: Coffee. I made coffee.
    Watson: You never make coffee.
    Sherlock: Don’t you want it?
    Watson: You don’t have to keep apologising. ... Thanks. ... Hm, I don’t take sugar. ... That’s nice. It’s good.

& Gary: It was like us having our own Loch Ness monster.

& Watson: Jesus Christ! It was the hound! Sherlock, it was here, I swear it, Sherlock, it must, it must... Did-did you see it? You must have!
    Sherlock: It’s all right, it’s OK now.
    Watson: NO, IT’S NOT! IT’S NOT OK!!! I saw it, I was wrong!
    Sherlock: Hm, well, let’s not jump to conclusions.
    Watson: What?!

& Dr. Stapleton: Listen, if you can imagine it, someone is probably doing it somewhere. Of course they are.
    Watson: Cloning?
    Dr. Stapleton: Yes, of course. Dolly the Sheep, remember?
    Watson: Human cloning?
    Dr. Stapleton: Why not?
    Watson: And what about animals? Not sheep. Big animals.
    Dr. Stapleton: Size isn’t a problem. Not at all. The only limits are ethics and the law and both those things can be very flexible.

& Sherlock: Get out, I need to go to my mind palace.
    Dr. Stapleton: Your what?
    Watson: He’s not going to be doing much talking for a while, we may as well go.
    Dr. Stapleton: His what?
    Watson: Oh, his “mind palace”. It’s a memory technique, a sort of mental map. You plot a map with a location, it doesn’t have to be a real place. You deposit memories there. Theoretically, you never forget anything. All you do is find your way back to it.
    Dr. Stapleton: So this imaginary location could be anything, a house or a street?
Watson: Yeah.
    Dr. Stapleton: But he said “palace”, he said it was a palace?
    Watson: Yeah, well, he would, wouldn’t he?

& Sherlock: So they didn’t have it put down then, the dog?
    Watson: Obviously. I suppose they just couldn’t bring themselves to do it.
    Sherlock: I see.
    Watson: No, you don’t.
    Sherlock: No, I don’t. Sentiment?
    Watson: Sentiment.


placid — спокойный; безмятежный

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий