29 янв. 2012 г.

The Road

& Man: When it comes to the boy... I have only one question. Can you do it... when the time comes?

& Wife: I don’t even know why I ask you. I should just go ahead and empty every goddamn bullet... into my brain and leave you with nothing. That’s what I should do.
    Man: Please don’t talk like that!
    Wife: You’re right. There’s nothing left to talk about.

& Boy: Are we still the good guys?
    Man: Yes, we’re still the good guys. Of course we are.
    Boy: And... we always will be? No matter what happens?
    Man: Always will be.

& Boy: We would never eat anybody, would we?
    Man: No. Of course not.
    Boy: No matter how hungry we were? Even if we were starving?
    Man: We’re starving now.
    Boy: ... Because we’re the good guys.
    Man: Yes.
    Boy: And we’re carrying the fire.
    Man: Yes.


& Boy: Are we gonna die now?
    Man: What do you think is gonna happen? You think we’re just gonna... suddenly keel over and die? It takes a long time... to die of starvation.

& Ely: I never thought I’d see a child again. Never thought that would... happen to me. He is an angel.
    Man: To me, he’s a god.
    Ely: But I hope that’s not true. To be on the road with the last god like that... would be nothing but a... dangerous situation.

& Man: Do you ever wish you would die?
    Ely: No. It’s foolish to ask for luxuries in times like these.

& Boy: How do I know you’re one of the good guys?
    Veteran: You don’t. You’ll just have to take a shot.

& Boy: So, you don’t eat people?
    Veteran: No, we don’t eat people.
    Boy: And... are you carrying the fire?

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

++ Книга

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий