5 янв. 2012 г.

American Horror Story 1x8

Rubber Man

& Moira: They do say we all have a doppelganger*, Mrs. Harmon.

& Moira: There are things in this world that can’t be explained by the rational mind. {...} I for one believe in things unseen. Who knows, Mrs. Harmon?.. We’re all just lost souls, aren’t we?

& Sexshop clerk: I got just the thing. The hood’s fully detachable, and the harness has anchor points for bondage.
    Chad: Forgive me, um, I don’t get any of this. At all.
    Sexshop clerk: The point of the suit is to dehumanize the submissive, turn him into a rubber sex toy. Why don’t you try it on?

& Nora: I’m very confused. What are you doing in my house?
    Hayden: I am stuck here like the others. Like you. We died in here, and for whatever reason, we can’t leave.
    Nora: What are you implying? That... that you’re dead?
    Hayden: I’m not implying it; I’m saying it. Yeah, dead. Dead as disco.

& Hayden: There are other souls trapped in here. Innocent, beautiful souls, who never knew malice* or anger... Then there are others who are just in on the game. They’re bitches.

& Hayden: We linger* here with the living. No rest for them, no rest for us. It’s this place. It has a hold on us. But that’s not all. There’s a power in it. A power we can use.

& Hayden: How come she gets to have two and we don’t get to have any?
    Nora: Who?
    Hayden: The bitch that stole your house. Vivien. {...} She’s having twins, you know? We should take those babies... One for you, one for me.
    Nora: We could do that?
    Hayden: We’ll have to.


& Tate: I know you’ve suffered a long time. I’m here to help you.
    Nora: I need my baby. Where’s my baby?
    Tate: They were fighting and decided not to make one. But maybe now a new family will move in and they can give you what you want.
    Nora: Yes. A baby. I just... I want my baby.

& Moira: That’s what men do. They make you think you’re crazy so they can have their fun. {...} Since the beginning of time, men find excuses to lock women away. They make up diseases, like hysteria. Do you know where that word comes from?
    Vivien: No.
    Moira: The Greek word for uterus. In the second century, they thought it was caused by sexual deprivation. And the only possible cure was hysterical paroxysm. Orgasms. Doctors... would masturbate women in their office, and call it medicine.
    Vivien: I had no idea.
    Moira: It was a hundred years ago, but we’re no better off today. Men are still inventing ways to drive women over the edge.

& Moira: May I speak freely, Mrs. Harmon?.. You are not crazy. And the strange things you are experiencing, I’m afraid it’s not the drugs. I’ve never said this to any of my employers for fear of losing their trust or my job... but this house is possessed. {...} Mrs. Harmon, please hear me. You need to get out while you still can. I fear for you if you don’t.

& Hayden: Aw, look at Little Lord Fauntleroy, writing sorrowful sonnets in your head to that little Nightingale bitch. Adieu, Nightingale. Thy plaintive anthem fades.
    Tate: That’s Keats.
    Hayden: Who gives a shit? You’re like a girl, sulking down here in the basement, instead of doing something about what’s really bothering you.
    Tate: I’m tired of hurting people...

& Hayden: What is it about being dead that makes me so horny?
    Tate: Quit it! I’m in love.

& Vivien: Excuse me, Marcy... I’m not crazy, I’m just pregnant.

& Marcy: Mrs. Harmon? What? What just happened?
    Vivien: Could you get me a glass of water, please?
    Marcy: Just don’t have the baby now! That’s the last thing you want to do.

& Vivien: What do you want?!
    Hayden: I want what’s in your womb... I want those babies.
    Vivien: That’s sick. You’re sick, Hayden!
    Hayden: No. I’m dead... Dead...! Dead!

& Vivien: At least I’ll be out of this house.

& Tate: It’s kind of romantic, isn’t it? Now they’ll be together forever.

--
doppelganger — двойник
malice — злой умысел
linger — задерживаться; засиживаться; влачить существование

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий