22 янв. 2012 г.

American Horror Story 1x12

Afterbirth

& Ben: Just look at this house. Look at this house I found... it’s right near Hancock Park, where all those big mansions from the ’20s are. You always talked about how much you wanted a house like this... one with personality.

& Ben: Just come see it. When I look at this place, for the first time, I feel... like there’s hope.

& Ben: Where are you, Vivien? Vivien! Where are you?

& Ben: I’m here to get my son, Constance.
    Constance: Your son... of course.

& Moira: I wonder, how is your adjustment going?
    Vivien: I have to say one of the hardest things is watching Ben. He’s so devastated*.
    Moira: Yes, well, it’s always the living that make it hard.

& Moira: You don’t need to run off, dear. He can’t see you unless you want him to.

& Vivien: Moira, would you make me a cup of tea, please?
    Moira: No. Your denial is impressive. You’re a ghost, Mrs. Harmon. I don’t take orders from ghosts. I’m your equal now in this world.

& Hayden: Now we have all the time in the world.

& Stacy Ramos: I know the, uh, economy is down, but why is the asking price so far below market? There isn’t a problem with mold or radon, is there?
    Marcy: No. Nothing so simple. In the interest of full disclosure, I must inform you that the previous owners passed away in the house.
    Stacy: Oh. How?
    Marcy: The wife died during childbirth, and the husband, in his grief, committed suicide. {...} It’s a tragically romantic love story. {...}
    Miguel Ramos: Well... at least they weren’t murdered.


& Marcy: I’d be happy to show you another house. But no matter where you go, you’ll be moving into somebody’s history.

& Miguel: What do you think, Gabe?
    Gabriel Ramos: I don’t believe in ghosts.

& Constance: You stupid son of a bitch.
    Ben: I can’t believe she killed me...
    Constance: Serves you right.

& Constance: Who’s my good little angel, huh? Who’s my good little angel?

& Gabriel: Who are you?
    Violet: You have awful taste in music. Butthole Surfers?
    Gabriel: Who are you?
    Violet: A ghost of my former self.

& Gabriel: Your hand’s cold.
    Violet: You know what they say. Cold hands, warm heart.

& Gabriel: Hey. Get out of my room!
    Violet: Are you sure you want to be alone? They say this house is haunted.
    Gabriel: You’re kind of twisted, aren’t you?
    Violet: You don’t know the half of it.

& Vivien: I remember when we were like that...
    Ben: In the beginning.
    Stacy: {...} To be continued.
    Miguel: Uh-huh. On that note.

& Vivien: They seem like such a nice couple. They can’t have a baby in this house.
    Ben: You’re right. We have to do something.
    Moira: You’re going to need help.

& Miguel: Who the hell are you people?
    Vivien: He used to be my husband... You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that.
    Ben: You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.

& Violet: Good-bye, Tate.

& Vivien: Some other poor family’s just gonna move in here. Suckers who will have no idea what they’re in for.
    Ben: And we know exactly what to do.

& Tate: I really miss our talks, Ben. They were really helping me.
    Ben: Bullshit. You’re a psychopath, Tate. It’s a mental disorder, and therapy can’t cure it.

& Ben: Don’t listen to me. I’m a total fraud. And by the way, therapy doesn’t work.
    Tate: It doesn’t work? Then why do people do it?
    Ben: Because they don’t want to take any responsibility for their crappy lives! So they pay a therapist to listen to their bullshit and make it all feel... special. So they can blame their crazy mothers for everything that went wrong. Sound familiar?

& Ben: It’s a great racket, too. Week after week, month after month, year after year we collect checks, but deep down we know it doesn’t work.

& Ben: Psychopath, by definition, is incapable of remorse.

& Ben: Sorrys are easy. What about taking responsibility for the things you’ve done?

& Vivien: What do you call him?
    Nora: Little Noisy Monster.

& Vivien: You know, I’m gonna need so much help with him.
    Moira: I can’t accept such a position. I’m not trained as a nanny.
    Vivien: I wasn’t thinking that you would come work for us. I was gonna ask you if you wanted to be his... godmother.
    Moira: If that’d make you feel safer...
    Vivien: I think you’d be a great addition to the family.

& Moira: You’ll come to understand, Violet, that the word “ancient” will lose all its meaning when your entire existence is one long today.

& Constance: Little Michael and I were meant to be together. He was meant to be my son. And I... his mother.

& Constance: Well, now I understand tragedy was preparing me... for something greater. Every loss that came before was a lesson. I was being prepared. And now I know for what. This child... A remarkable boy. Destined for greatness!

& Constance: Now what am I gonna do with you?

--
devastated — опустошенный; разоренный

+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Already waiting 4 a season 2...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий