15 янв. 2012 г.

American Horror Story 1x11

Birth

& Nora: Shh... Tell me, what’s your name?
    Tate: T-Tate.
    Nora: If Thaddeus comes back to scare you again... Just shut your eyes and say, “Go away.” You understand, Tate?

& Tate: I wish you were my mommy...
    Nora: Hmm. Now dry your tears, child. Life is too short for so much sorrow.

& Nora: Who are you?
    Tate: It’s me, Tate. “Life’s too short for so much sorrow.”
    Nora: You’re wrong. It’s an eternity.

& Tate: I can’t give you that baby anymore. Everything’s changed, Nora. I’m in love with Violet.
    Nora: I see.
    Tate: I just can’t take her brother away.
    Nora: But I can. And I will. That baby is mine.

& Ben: Are you gonna get in the car or do I have to make you? My God, Violet, what is wrong with you?!

& Violet: It’s not UTube with a U. It’s YouTube. Y-O-U.

& Violet: Who asked you to decorate the nursery?
    Chad: Let me break it down for you, sweetheart. This is our house and we’re having twins.
    Violet: Who’s your surrogate, one of those nurses in my basement?
    Chad: No... no. A very, very human surrogate, Elvira. Your lovely mother.


& Tate: Watch it, you goddamn queen!
    Chad: Oh, I am quaking in my loafers*. What are you gonna do... murder me?

& Violet: Do you know those two guys that lived here before us?
    Constance: Frick and Frack? How could I forget?

& Constance: What you are planning to do is unnatural.
    Chad: Deodorant’s unnatural, but it’s a public good.

& Constance: Man shall not lie with man. It is an abomination. ... Why can’t you people just content yourself with having pets?

& Constance: Why must you subject an innocent child to your perversions?
    Chad: There’s nothing in the studies that indicates being raised by a same-sex couple has any ill effects on children. I assume the same applies to the formerly living.
    Constance: Well, the only study I know is the study of blood and pain. My children came out of my body, and that is something that you will never be able to understand.

& Constance: I loved my children!
    Chad: To death.

& Constance: You can have the other one. The one fathered by Dr. Harmon. I mean, he’s an attractive man. But not my grandbaby.
    Chad: A blond and a brunette... just like me and Pat. It’s perfect. No. We definitely need both.

& Constance: You’re not suited to raise children!
    Chad: Raise them? Oh, honey, no, no, no. We’re going to wait until they reach that perfect, adorable age... around a year, year and a half or so... and then we’re going to smother them with hypoallergenic pillows. That way, they’ll be cute forever.

& Billie: This is a very crowded house.

& Constance: So what can we do?
    Billie: Somehow, we have to try and dislodge them from the paramagnetic grip of this place.
    Violet: The what?
    Billie: The evil. It’s a force just like any other, Violet. Pure physics. Real and powerful. Created by events. Events that unleash psychic energy into the environment, where it’s absorbed. Like the way a battery stores energy.

& Billie: It has a need. It wants to break through. It wants to move in our world. It’s using those trapped between this world and the next as conduits.

& Billie: Spirits do not follow our physical laws. Nor are they affected by time. About the only thing they have in common with the living is their suffering. Regret. Pain. Loneliness.

& Billie: ... The elder completed the curse that would banish the ghosts forever.
    Violet: How?
Billie: By uttering a single word. The same word found carved on a post at the abandoned colony. Croatoan.

& Tate: How does it work? Will the kid call you both daddy, or is one of you the mom?

& Ben: Are you high or something?
    Violet: I wish.

& Charles Montgomery: Your baby is stillborn.
    Vivien: Is it a boy or a girl? Can I hold it?
    Constance: No. Not just yet, sweetheart. You’ve got another one coming.

& Chad: What exactly do you think you’re doing, young lady? Is that my $12,000 watch that you’re putting into the furnace?
    Violet: Croatoan! Croatoan! Croatoan!
    Chad: ........ Just kidding.

& Chad: I mean, really? The Roanoke spell? {...}
    Violet: It didn’t work.
    Chad: Of course it didn’t work. It’s bullshit. It’s all bullshit. People make up these spells and chants in order to feel like they’re in control. Well, guess what?.. They’re not. Never have been.

& Chad: I’m doomed to spend eternity with a man who doesn’t love me. Of course, it could be worse. Your man does love you... but he’ll always be a monster.

& Constance: Oh, what is the matter with you?
    Moira: He’s the most beautiful baby I’ve ever seen.
    Constance: From blood and pain come perfection.

& Hayden: Hey, bitches. You get all that slime off my baby yet?

& Violet: It’s okay, Mom. If you’re in pain, let go.
    Vivien: I don’t think I have a choice.
    Ben: Hold on, Vivien. Stay with me.
    Violet: Come to this side. Let go.

& Violet: You were attracted to the darkness, but, Tate, you are the darkness.

& Violet: I can’t be with you. I won’t be with you.
    Tate: What are you saying?
    Violet: I’m saying go away.
    Tate: What? No, no, don’t do this!
    Violet: Go away, Tate. Go away!

--
loafer — легкие кожаные туфли типа мокасин

+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ In general, all died. Very, very sad story.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий