30 янв. 2012 г.

Bag of Bones

& Jo’s phone: ’Hi, this is Jo Noonan. Leave me a message, and I’ll call you back... If you’re very, very good.’

& Mike Noonan: Once for “yes,” twice for “no.”

Frankie and Johnny by Anika Noni Rose

♪ Frankie and Johnny were sweethearts ♪
♪ oh what a couple in love ♪
♪ swore to be true to each other ♪
♪ true as the stars above ♪
♪ he was her man ♪
♪ but he done her wrong ♪


& Jo: There’s only death out there.

& Mike: Thomas Hardy said that... Compared to the dullest human being walking on the earth, the most brilliantly drawn character in any novel is nothing more than a bag of bones. The only problem is that sometimes I feel like nothing more than a bag of bones myself. A bag of bones without the energy or the... the talent to do what I thought I was born to do.

& Mrs. Meserve: Of course, you didn’t hear any of this from me.
    Mike: No.
    Mrs. Meserve: This is a small town. People don’t take too kindly to having their secrets spilled.
    Mike: It’s surprising... the secrets that people keep.
    Mrs. Meserve: No, it ain’t, Mr. Noonan. A person without secrets is like a scarecrow without stuffing. The things nobody knows make us who we are.

--
On the Imdb.

__ Something missing. As usual in King's movie adaptations. Make loveRead his books, not adaptations.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий