11 янв. 2012 г.

One Day

& Dexter: What is that smell?
    Emma: Onions. Onions and disappointment.
    Dexter: Right.
    Emma: No, it’s not that bad. It’s nothing that a lick of paint and a nuclear warhead can’t fix. I’ve got my typewriter. I’ve got my books. I’m in London.

& Ian: Hello. I’m Ian. Ian Whitehead.
    Emma: The new boy... Welcome to the graveyard of ambition.

& Emma: So what’s your stroke?
    Ian: Sorry, my what?
    Emma: Waiter/actor, waiter/model, waiter/writer?

& Emma: What do you mean, you knew?
    Dexter: Well, I sort of guessed. All those epic letters and compilation tapes. ... What happened?
    Emma: Mmm. I got to know you. You cured me of you.
    Dexter: I’d still like to read those poems. What rhymes with Dexter?
    Emma: Prick. It’s a half-rhyme.


& Emma: I’m a bloody good teacher, Dexter.
    Dexter: I’m sure you are. Still... you know what they say?
    Emma: No, what do they say?
    Dexter: You know, “Those who can...”
    Emma: No, I’m sorry. I’m not familiar. Finish the sentence.
    Dexter: All right. Well... “Those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach.”
    Emma: ... And those who can teach say, “Go fuck yourself!”

& Dexter: What, they’re sacking me?
    Aaron: You see, sack* has negative connotations. It’s just they wanna try a new presenter.
    Dexter: So they are sacking me?
    Aaron: Well, no, they’re taking the show in a different direction, but it’s a direction away from you.

& Dexter: Just a little concerned about my future. It’s not quite what I was expecting.
    Aaron: The future never is. That’s what makes it so bloody exciting!

& Emma: Don’t start, Dex.
    Dexter: What?
    Emma: Your sympathy. I’m not lonely. I’m alone.

& Dad: The best thing that you could do would be to try to live your life as if Emma was still here. Don’t you?
    Dexter: I don’t know if I can.
    Dad: Of course you can. What do you think I’ve been doing for the past 10 years?


& Ian: I hate today. Fifteenth of July.
    Dexter: Saint Swithin’s Day. It’s a tough one.

--
sack — увольнять; грабить; класть в мешок

+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Sweet... Sweet with a good portion of bitterness.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий