5 мая 2011 г.

The Way Back

& Commandant: Enemies of the People! Look about you, you understand... it’s not our guns, or dogs, or wire, that form your prison... Siberia is your prison. All 5 million square miles of it. Nature is your jailer, and she is without mercy. If nature doesn’t kill you... the locals will. There is a bounty for the head of every fugitive.

& Mr. Smith: You planning on surviving on half rations, son?
    Janusz: Look, he’s an old man.
    Mr. Smith: I’m an old man. I’ll be alive in the morning. He won’t. Kindness. That can kill you here.

& Khabarov (Mark Strong, BTW): He’s American.
    Janusz: In here?! How?
    Khabarov: Stalin hates foreigners, and that includes Poles.

& Janusz: And you are?
    Mr. Smith: Smith.
    Janusz: And your first name?
    Mr. Smith: Mister.
    Janusz: Mr. Smith.
    Mr. Smith: That’s right.

& Valka (Colin Farrell, for a moment): There are no secrets here.
    Janusz: What do you want?
    Valka: The game goes against me. Small debt, they take fingers. Big debt, they take head. Me, big debt. But I never gambie my Wolf. In forest, you need knife, and I need miracle. Get me out of here.

& Valka: So... who will be first?
    Janusz: What do you mean, first?
    Valka: The first to die... I think the artist. But better if it was him, the funny man.
    Janusz: Why better if it’s Zoran?
    Valka: More soft. More... tender*.


& Voss: No killing!
    Valka: No?.. I think you’ve killed before. You say too many prayers for an innocent man.

& Valka: Did I kill?.. Yes... A dog. Don’t believe me, then don’t eat. But you will, won’t you, because you want to survive. I know about survive. All my life. And... it’s my birthday. In Russia, that means we drink.

& Voss: So what you say to him?
    Zoran: Who?
    Voss: The mosquito man.
    Zoran: I’m an escaped convict who is plagued by mosquitoes.

& Janusz: Thank you, Mother Russia, for your hospitality, but I will definitely not be coming back.

& Janusz: You know, they’ll... they’ll catch you.
    Valka: Yeah. Prison is okay. Debt is bad. But there are many prisons, they don’t find me.
    Janusz: What about America?
    Valka: Oh. It’s not for me, freedom. I wouldn’t know what to do with it, I swear to God.

& Voss: Join the British Army. Fight Nazis, then fight the Russians.

& Zoran: Go over the Himalayas? How? On a magic carpet? How?!
    Janusz: We walk.

& Zoran: Are we going to eat that?
    Voss: It’s either this or fish.

& Voss: Tastes like chicken.
    Zoran: Yeah. A big, black, poisonous chicken with no legs.


-- Dict:
tender — нежный; мягкий

On Imdb.

__ The movie is a blood brother of 127 hours.

+ "И синематограф, безусловно, стоящий." (c) anashulick

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий