25 мая 2011 г.

Game of Thrones 1x5

The Wolf and the Lion

Season 1, Episode 5


& Barristan Selmy: Robert tends to do what he wants.
    Ned: If the King got what he wanted all the time, he’d still be fighting a damned rebellion.

& Lord Varys: How is your son, My Lord?
    Ned: He’ll never walk again.
    Lord Varys: But his mind is sound?
    Ned: So they say.
    Lord Varys: A blessing then. I suffered an early mutilation myself. Some doors close forever... Others open in the most unexpected places.

& Lord Varys: The first to arrive and the last to leave.
    Baelish: I admire your industry. You do move quietly.
    Lord Varys: We all have our qualities.

& Baratheon: I want ’em dead, mother and child both. And that fool Viserys as well. Is that plain enough for you? I want them both dead.
    Ned: You will dishonor yourself forever if you do this.
    Baratheon: Honor?! I’ve got Seven Kingdoms to rule! One King, Seven Kingdoms. Do you think honor keeps them in line? Do you think it’s honor that’s keeping the peace? It’s fear... fear and blood.
    Ned: Then we’re no better than the Mad King.


& Robin Arryn: Mommy... I want to see the bad man fly.

& Baratheon: What do you want? We haven’t had a real fight in nine years. Back-stabbing doesn’t prepare you for a fight. And that’s all the realm is now: back-stabbing and scheming and arse-licking and money-grubbing. Sometimes I don’t know what holds it together.
    Cersei: Our marriage.
    Baratheon: Ah, so here we sit 17 years later, holding it all together. Don’t you get tired?
    Cersei: Every day.
    Baratheon: How long can hate hold a thing together?
    Cersei: Well, 17 years is quite a long time.
    Baratheon: Yes, it is.
    Cersei: Yes, it is.

& Cersei: What harm could Lyanna Stark’s ghost do to either of us that we haven’t done to each other a hundred times over?
    Baratheon: You want to know the horrible truth?.. I can’t even remember what she looked like. I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted... Someone took her away from me, and Seven Kingdoms couldn’t fill the hole she left behind.

& Cersei: I felt something for you once, you know?
    Baratheon: I know.
    Cersei: Even after we lost our first boy... For quite a while, actually. Was it ever possible for us? Was there ever a time, ever a moment?
    Baratheon: ......... No. Does that make you feel better or worse?
    Cersei: It doesn’t make me feel anything.


On Imdb.

__ And this was the Beginning of the End. After that, everything will just slides down and down into the full chaos.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий