28 мая 2011 г.

Rome 1x8

Caesarion

Season 1, Episode 8


& Pothinus: We have a gift for you, Glorious Excellency, that we think you will be very pleased with.
    Ptolemy: We were going to make him a body, moving arms and legs, and do a mime show with real animals and everything...
    Caesar: Silence! Shame on the house of Ptolemies for such barbarity. Shame.
    Pothinus: But... you are enemies.
    Caesar: He was a consul of Rome! A consul of Rome. To die in this sordid way... Quartered like some low thief... Shame!

& Cesaer: You will take half the men, return to Rome immediately. You shall have the honor of announcing Pompey’s death. I shall follow you... when I’ve settled things here.
    Mark Antony: Settled things? Settled what things? Civil war is in the air.
    Caesar: It must be prevented.
    Mark Antony: Why? Let the wretches fight it out.
    Caesar: War will disrupt the grain supply. Without Egyptian grain, Rome goes hungry. It would be... unwise not to intervene.
    Mark Antony: And how will you intervene with only half a legion?
    Caesar: I do not intend to fight. I shall merely arbitrate the various factions.
    Mark Antony: You make it sound so easy. Those various factions are united only by their hatred of Rome.
    Posco: He’s right. Ptolemy might use you to rouse the people against a common enemy.
    Caesar: I have conquered Gaul. I have defeated Pompey Magnus. I think I can handle a small boy and a eunuch.

& Pullo: What a dump! Gyppo gods must be right wasters to make a place like this.
    Lucius: Don’t speak ill of the gods in their own country.
    Pullo: Gerrae*. I’ve seen their gods. Titus Pullo isn’t scared of any bastard with a dog’s head on him.
    Lucius: More fool you. These gods are old and powerful. Egypt was a great nation long before Rome.
    Pullo: Was it? Mumped it up now, then, haven’t they?

& Cleopatra: As long as Caesar is a man, I will have him.
She seems very sure of herself.
    Cleopatra: I have him... or I die. So I will have him.


& Charmian: So red!
    Lucius: Your Highness, how can I be of service?
    Cleopatra: Leather. Olives. Not so bad. He will do.
    Charmian: Majesty commands you will enter her.
    Lucius: I do not understand.
    Charmian: You have coitus with her.
    Lucius: You have it wrong. “Coitus” means to make babies.
    Charmian: Exact! So, make babies.
    Cleopatra: Don’t be scared.
    Lucius: I’m not scared, I just cannot do what you ask! It is not... It is not in our custom. Roman men are not used by women in this way.
    Charmian: Come, you will enjoy it. My queen is an excellent lover.
    Cleopatra: What is he waiting for? He must do as he is told!
    Charmian: Let me give you a hand.
    Lucius: Get off! I must ask forgiveness of Your Majesty, but I cannot comply! I am no slave to be commanded so! With all respect.

& Cleopatra: He refuses? This... insect refuses me?! You dare refuse the daughter of a sun god?

& Lucius: Pullo! Report immediately to princess Cleopatra and do as she says!
    Pullo: Eh?
    Lucius: You heard!
    Pullo: What’s going on?
    Lucius: Just go.

& Pullo: ... Legionary Titus Pullo reporting for duty, ma’am.

& Cleopatra: Have you secured the upriver ports? You must do so immediately. Whoever controls the ports controls Egypt.
    Caesar: Good advice, no doubt, if I wanted to control Egypt.
    Cleopatra: Of course you do. Why else are you here? And why save me so heroically from death... if not to use me as your... puppet queen?
    Caesar: Do you dislike the notion?
    Cleopatra: My wishes are immaterial. You redeemed me from captivity. I am your slave.

& Cicero: Are you well?
    Brutus: Well enough though I do not sleep. I write very bad poetry through the night and in the morning I give it to the cook to stoke the kitchen fire. It’s a form of magic. My ill conscience is transformed into roast birds and pastries.
    Cicero: You should have no ill conscience. We only did what we had to do.
    Brutus: No doubt Saturn said something of the sort after eating his children.


-- Dict:
Gerrae = Bullshit

+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий