23 мая 2011 г.

Rome 1x6

Egeria

Season 1, Episode 6


& Lucius: Pullo, awake! Wake up! Mark Antony’s waiting.
    Pullo: Mump off and die, you pigfucker.

& Pullo: Thank you, my honey.
    Lucius: You shouldn’t thank slaves.
    Pullo: No harm in it.
    Lucius: It’s bad for discipline.

& Mark Antony: Servilius, my dear old friend. How are you?
    Servilius: Healthy healthy, I thank you. Forgive me, have we met before?
    Mark Antony: Have we not? No idea. I always pretend so with civilians. It’s more politic, nay? And this must be your beautiful wife, whose name escapes me.
    Servilius: Poppaea.

& Servilius: ... I don’t understand.
    Mark Antony: Too many slaves, you see? They’ve taken all the work, which causes unemployment amongst the free populace. Now, we need to create more jobs for our citizens.
    Servilius: But it will be hugely expensive!
    Mark Antony: It will. But only to those few rich men who own all the land. And they shall have the consolation of having done something eminently patriotic.
    Servilius: It seems rather... extreme to say the least. Ruinous even.
    Mark Antony: You may well be right. But frankly, I do not care whether it is the rich, poor, or, indeed both that suffer. Caesar wishes this law to be made. He is my friend, I will have it made. If you prefer, I could always bypass the Senate, call an assembly of the people and you can put your arguments to them. A fine orator like yourself might just persuade them that Caesar is wrong.
    Servilius: That won’t be necessary.
    Mark Antony: Good. Good. That’s it then.
    Servilius: I don’t know what to say.
    Mark Antony: Say nothing then. It’s often best.


& Pullo: So they tell me. Dead. Killed.
    Lidia: It isn’t true!
    Pullo: My advice, best forget about him. Best get on with your life.
    Lidia: It isn’t true!
    Pullo: It’s not so bad. You’ve still got people that love you. Look to them, eh? Isn’t that right, Niobe? Best she gets on with her life. Best she looks to the people that love her. Forget Evander. Forget the past.

& Atia: I’ll get Merula make you a toga. What else?
    Octavia: Perhaps you can arrange he kill someone...
    Atia: That will happen in due course. We, Julii, always have the needful enemies.

& Atia: You’ve put off this moment long enough, my dear.
    Octavian: Mother...
    Atia: You will penetrate someone today or I will burn your wretched books in the yard.

& Pullo: Don’t worry, young master. There’s nothing to it.
    Octavian: If there is nothing to it, why is such a fuss made of the thing?
    Pullo: You’ll soon find out.

& Niobe: Tell me.
    Lucius: Mark Antony does not intend to go to Greece to help Caesar. I have sworn loyalty to a man of no honor.
    Niobe: Well you don’t have to go to Greece then. We’ll be together.
    Lucius: It’s true, but still.
    Niobe: Haven’t you always said Caesar’s cause is wrong?
    Lucius: That is not the point. There is a moral principle involved.

& Newsreader: A fleet of ships has set sail for Greece carrying the army of general Mark Antony. This month’s public bread is provided by the Capitoline brotherhood of millers. The brotherhood uses only the finest flour. True Roman bread, for true Romans.

& Pullo: This is cack, this is! I’m wet through.
    Lucius: We’re perfectly safe. A very good offering was made to Triton.
    Pullo: If Triton can’t keep me drier than this, he can suck my cock!
    Lucius: Why can’t you learn to keep your fat mouth shut?!


+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий