5 мая 2011 г.

Game of Thrones 1x2

The Kingsroad

Season 1, Episode 2


& Daenerys: Isn’t there anything else?
    Jorah Mormont: The Dothraki have two things in abundance: grass and horses. People can’t live on grass.

& Jorah Mormont: It’ll get easier.

& Tyrion: Ah. Time for breakfast. Bread... And two of those little fish... And a mug of dark beer to wash it down... And bacon, burned black.

& Tyrion: Hyah.
    Jaime: Little brother.
    Tyrion: Beloved siblings.

& Jaime: Tell me you’re not thinking of taking the black.
    Tyrion: And go celibate?.. The whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock. No, I just want to stand on top of the wall and piss off the edge of the world.

& Jaime: Even if the boy lives, he’ll be a cripple, a grotesque. Give me a good clean death any day.
    Tyrion: Speaking for the grotesques, I’d have to disagree. Death is so final, whereas life... Ah, life is full of possibilities. I hope the boy does wake. I’d be very interesting to hear what he has to say...
    Jaime: My dear brother, there are times you make me wonder whose side you’re on.
    Tyrion: My dear brother, you wound me. You know how much I love my family.

& Jaime: It’s a strange thing, the first time you cut a man... You realize we’re nothing but sacks of meat and blood and some bone to keep it all standing.

& Jaime: We’re grateful to have good, strong men like you protecting us.
    Jon Snow: We’ve guarded the kingdoms for 8,000 years.
    Jaime: Is it “we” already? Have you taken your vows then?
    Jon Snow: Soon enough.
    Jaime: Give my regards to The Night’s Watch. I’m sure it will be thrilling to serve in such an elite force. And if not?.. It’s only for life.

& Jon Snow: I had the blacksmith make it for you special. It won’t hack a man’s head off, but it can poke him full of holes if you’re quick enough.
    Arya Stark: I can be quick.

& Jon Snow: Do you like the balance?
    Arya: I think so.
    Jon Snow: First lesson: Stick them with the pointy end.


& Jon Snow: All the best swords have names, you know.
    Arya: Sansa can keep her sewing needles. I’ve got ’A Needle’ of my own.

& Baratheon: She must have been a rare wench* to make Lord Eddard Stark forget his honor. You never told me what she looked like.
    Ned: Nor will I.
    Baratheon: We were at war. None of us knew if we were gonna go back home again. You’re too hard on yourself. You always have been.

& Baratheon: There’s a war coming, Ned. I don’t know when, I don’t know who we’ll be fighting, but it’s coming.

& Tyrion: Ah, rapers. They were given a choice no doubt... castration or The Wall. Most choose the knife...

& Tyrion: Lovely thing about The Watch... you discard your old family and get a whole new one.

& Jon Snow: Why do you read so much?
    Tyrion: Look at me and tell me what you see.
    Jon Snow: Is this a trick?
    Tyrion: What you see is a dwarf. If I’d been born a peasant they might’ve left me out in the woods to die. Alas, I was born a Lannister of Casterly Rock. Things are expected of me. My father was the Hand of the King for 20 years.
    Jon Snow: Until your brother killed that King...
    Tyrion: Yes, until my brother killed him. Life is full of these little ironies. My sister married the new King and my repulsive nephew will be King after him. I must do my part for the honor of my house, wouldn’t you agree? But how? Well, my brother has his sword and I have my mind. And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow.

& Tyrion: Everything’s better with some wine in the belly.

& Daenerys: Have you ever seen a dragon?
    Doreah: Dragon gone, Khaleesi.
    Daenerys: Everywhere? Even in the east?
    Irri: No dragon. It is known.
    Jhiqui: It is known.

& Doreah: I was nine when my mother sold me to the pleasure house.
    Daenerys: Nine?!
    Doreah: I did not touch a man for three years, Khaleesi. First you must learn.
    Daenerys: Can you teach me how to make the Khal happy?
    Doreah: Yes.
    Daenerys: Will it take three years?
    Doreah: No.

& Doreah: No, Khaleesi. You must look in his eyes always. Love comes in at the eyes. It is said that Irogenia of Lys could finish a man with nothing but her eyes.
    Daenerys: Finish a man? Oh.

& Daenerys: I... I don’t think that Drogo will like it with me on top.
    Doreah: You will make him like it, Khaleesi. Men want what they’ve never had. And the Dothraki take slaves like a hound takes a bitch. Are you a slave, Khaleesi?.. Then don’t make love like a slave.

& Daenerys: Ajjalan anha zalat vitiherat yer hatif.

& Joffrey Baratheon: A butcher’s boy who wants to be a Knight, eh? Pick up your sword, butcher’s boy. Let’s see how good you are. {...}
    Mycah: It’s not a sword, my prince. It’s only a stick.
    Joffrey: And you’re not a Knight. Only a butcher’s boy. {...} I won’t hurt him... Much.

& Ned: If it must be done, then I’ll do it myself.
    Cersei: Is this some trick?
    Ned: The wolf is of the north. She deserves better than a butcher.

& Ned: The butcher’s boy... you rode him down?
    Sandor Clegane: He ran... Not very fast.


-- Dict:
wench — девка; девушка; телка

+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий