12 мая 2011 г.

House M.D. 7x21

The Fix

Season 7, Episode 21


& House: Thirsty.

& House: What do you do when you got two interesting puzzles?
    Taub: Two?
    Wilson: 50 bucks! Pay up.

& House: You were the better fighter. That last punch barely touched you.
    Boxer: You ever been barely touched by a guy who weighs 230 pounds?

& House: This case is getting interesting. Let’s add a little danger.

& Chase: Just because he has guns doesn’t make him a murderer.
    Thirteen: Tell that to the bear.

& PatienThirteen: I’m not an alcoholic.
    Taub: I know. I know the whole label thing is so limiting. You’re a person who happens to suffer from alcoholism.

& Boxer: Why do you care so much?
    House: Kill me for loving my patients. It’s just what I do.

& Foreman: Tell him you admit he’s right. Let’s get him back to work.
    Wilson: If he’s ignoring you, it’s because he trusts you.
    Foreman: No, it’s not.
    Wilson: No, it’s not, but he does.
    Foreman: Thanks. I feel warm inside. {...}

& Wilson: I think this is good for him.
    Foreman: Obsessing over a bet is good? And doing his actual job, treating actual patients, that’s bad?
    Wilson: House only doing what House wants is the only way he can function.
    Foreman: Since the breakup, he’s been seeking out crazier and crazier things to do because they’re crazy.
    Wilson: This is... well, it’s not crazy.
    Foreman: No, just irresponsible and possibly dangerous.
    Wilson: By House standards, it’s dull*. This he’s doing just because he’s interested. I think House getting back to doing... stupid House stuff for stupid House reasons is the best thing that could happen to him.
    Foreman: I’ll go explain that to the patient.


& Taub: Wow. An hour ago, we had three theories we couldn’t agree on. Now we’ve got no theories, but we’re in agreement.

& Taub: You want us to help you get out of paying your bet while your actual patient lies in agony?
    House: And who’s the real bad guy here? The guy who doesn’t care enough to help or the four guys who are not competent enough to help?

& House: He works out too much, gets pounded too much, and not in the romantic way.

& House: Plenty of time to save her life after we save my money.

& Foreman: My theory is that he’s only avoiding us because he really wants to avoid you.
    Cuddy: Ma nishtanah? You made it through med school without ever attending a Seder? It means “why is this night different from all other nights?”

& Foreman: I’m expanding my theory. He’s avoiding you and you’re avoiding him and this patient is gonna die.
    Cuddy: Not if you do your job.

& Thirteen: You’re an idiot.

& Thirteen: ... And that’s not heroin, which means you knew I was coming over here, and Cuddy and Wilson are right. You’re just playing a game. Throwing out a bone and watching us fight over it.

& House: Compound CS-804. It’s an experimental drug that’s supposed to regrow muscle.
    Thirteen: This experiment was done on rats.
    House: It’s groundbreaking. Huge success.
    Thirteen: In rats!
    House: Well, they got four legs. Think how fast it should work on one.
    Thirteen: You’re an idiot.

& Chase: What do you think?
    Thirteen: Me? I didn’t say anything.
    Foreman: Exactly! You always have some opinion on these things, especially when it comes to House, double especially when it comes to men and romance, but suddenly you’re keeping your mouth shut.

& Wilson: House, you obviously...
    House: I hate that word. I have to go now. Actually, I don’t, but it would be rude to walk out without saying anything.

& Boxer: How many bottles is this supposed to take?
    House: Six.
    Boxer: And I’ve drank how many?..
    House: Eight. It’s not an exact science.
    Boxer: So in other words, nothing’s gonna prove you wrong. You’re just gonna keep making me miserable because you’re too miserable...

& House: I’m only an ass for building your hopes up if I’m wrong. Last one. ........
    Boxer: You’re an ass.

& Wilson: You were wrong. It’s not the end of the world.
    House: ....... Anything else you want to say? .......
    Wilson: Okay! Okay! Okay! Okay! Just get out of here. Go home. We’ll talk later. Someplace without any of my stuff.
    House: Nothing to talk about. That was my point.

& Bartender: You’re drunk.
    House: Well, whose fault is that? Give me another scotch.
    Bartender: I can’t serve you.
    House: This ’cause I’m black?

& House: Let me explain why people come here. They come here to drink. Which causes us to ask, why do people drink? Hmm? Is it sustenance*?.. No. Is it taste?.. No. ... Is it the company of stout-hearted men?.. I don’t think so. Is it killing pain?.. Yes! 7 1/2% life duller. That’s the business you’re in. You’re in the “screw the world” business. You’re in the “reality sucks and fantasy temporarily appears to not suck” business.

& Bartender: I’m giving you your drink.
    House: Have you no pride? Either serving me is a good idea or it’s a bad idea. Shutting me up is a crappy reason for compromising what you believe.

& House: Am I gonna have to hit him?
    Bartender: Not a good idea.
    House: But what if it’s the right thing to do? Compromise is never the answer. Stand up. I will allow you to throw the first punch.

& Boxer: Just get out and give up.
    House: That’s your specialty.

& House: Ahem! What’s this?.. A palm. Hmm, useful for many things. Slapping, greasing, probably some other applications too. Right now it’s ready for $50 and humiliation.


--- Dict:
dull — скучный; тупой; тусклый; унылый
sustenance — пища; средства к существованию; питание



On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий