30 мая 2011 г.

Limitless

& Vernon: Tell me about this book. How’s it going?
    Eddie Morra: Well it’s a... I am behind, I am behind on my book, but I think about it every night and day...
    Vernon: How much you already written of it?
    Eddie: ... Not one word.
    Vernon: Creative problems, huh? I suppose, I can help you with that. Just this once.

& Vernon: They say that we can use only 20% of the brain. This pill allows access to all of it.

& Eddie: Home... But it couldn’t be my home, could it!? Who would live like this? My first thought was to burn everything. However, sanity prevailed.

& Eddie: I wasn’t high, I wasn’t wired. I am just clear, I know what I needed to do, and how to do it.

& Eddie: Worth the risk? What would you do?

& Eddie: In three days I have learned to play the piano... Math became useful... And fun. Even half listing to any language, had became fluid. So Shakespeare empower mediocrity?.. I like to discuss... Suddenly, I knew everything about everything. {...} Only problem, if I wasn’t moving forward I felt like I was going to explode.

& Carl Van Loon: So, Eddie Morra... And you do know you’re a freak? What’s your secret?
    Eddie: Medication.


& Carl Van Loon: You do not really live here, do you?
    Eddie: Well, the Spartans didn’t need comfort as well.
    Carl Van Loon: Yea, and they got their asses kicked.

& Melissa: I read the Elegant Universe Brian Greene, in 45 minutes and I understand everything. My productivity has increased the sharply overnight. And my boss started to hate me. They offered me his job. Then I got scared.
    Eddie: Why?
    Melissa: Because I am not stupid. Because nobody can operate at that level of mental activity and not crush. I stopped taking it.
    Eddie: So?..
    Melissa: I got sick.

& Carl Van Loon: You do know, you’re a freak. Your powers are a gift from God or chance or whatever whoever the hell write your life script. A gift, not earned. You do not know what I know, because you have not earned those powers. You’ll kill us with those powers. You throw them around like a child. You did not have to climb up an uneven path. You have not collected the funds. You haven’t married the girl with the right father. You think you can live all over of this. You haven’t bribed, charmed or threaten your way to sit at that table. You do never experienced competition, because you never competed Don’t make me your competition.

& Gennady: Back in the old times I might peel your skin back, flay* you. Flay. That’s a nice word, I didn’t notice before. I had such a poor vocabulary. But then I discovered this thing: Google. Did you know that the colon is 20 foot long?.. I had no idea, I don’t believe it. I gotta see this for myself. I am dubios. Anyway... I am sure you’re curious too. Do not worry, everything is sterilized. I gonna keep you alive for the whole fun. You gonna get a reserved place in front, baby!

& Eddie: They told me that someone comes from Iven ...
    Carl Van Loon: Yes, that’s me now. I am moving out of the energy business.
    Eddie: Come on! That’s like Hefner moving out of the mansion.
    Carl Van Loon: I bought Iven several months ago. I’m surprised you have not heard.
    Eddie: Well... I am very busy here.
    Carl Van Loon: That’s gonna pay off... Senator Morra. Senate... Who knows? Anything is possible from there, isn’t it, Eddie?

& Carl Van Loon: Do you want a war with me?! There’s nowhere where you can make accusations like that and walk out alive.
    Eddie: That shows me, you are not prepared to fight me. You are not longer equipped to fight me. Do you think I didn’t learn anything?..
    Carl Van Loon: You have no idea, what enemy I am...
    Eddie: Truck will hit the taxi.
    Carl Van Loon: What?!
    Eddie: The driver writes a text message and go 80 km per hour. He must have points with braking at 18 meters from a taxi! I see it all, Carl. I’m 50 steps ahead of you and ahead of all others. What do you think, I already watched!


-- Dict:
flay — сдирать кожу; свежевать

+ on Imdb.

Limitless
__ Not bad, not at all.

+ "какой же это хэппи-энд, когда герой теперь до конца жизни должен принимать таблетки?" (c) anashulick

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий