6 июн. 2013 г.

Before Sunset

& Journalist: Do you consider the book to be autobiographical?
    Jesse: Well, I mean... isn’t everything autobiographical? I mean, we all see the world through our own tiny keyhole, right?

& Jesse: Thomas Wolfe ... says that we are the sum of all the moments of our lives... and anybody who sits down to write will use the clay of their own life... that you can’t avoid that. So when I look at my own life, I have to admit, right, that I... I’ve never been around a bunch of guns or violence, you know, not really. No political intrigue or a helicopter crash, right? But my life, from my own point of view, has been full of drama, right? And so I thought, if I could write a book... that could capture what it’s like to really meet somebody... One of the most exciting things that’s happened to me... is to meet somebody, make that connection. And if I could make that valuable, you know, to capture that... that would be the attempt, or...

& A reader: Do you think they get back together in six months... like they promise each other?
    Jesse: Like they promised? I think how you answer that, you know, is... It’s a good test, right, if you’re a romantic or a cynic. Right? I mean, you think they get back together, right?.. You don’t, for sure... And you hope they do, but you’re not sure. That’s why you’re asking the question. ... Look, in the words of my grandfather, okay: “To answer that would take the piss out of the whole thing.”

& Celine: Your book is a bestseller in the U.S.
    Jesse: It’s a tiny bestseller.
    Celine: Oh, come on.
    Jesse: All right. Officially, yes. Most people haven’t read Moby Dick. Why should they read my book?

& Celine: Reading something, knowing the character is based on you... it’s both flattering and disturbing at the same time.
    Jesse: How is it disturbing?
    Celine: I don’t know. Just being part of someone else’s memory. Seeing myself through your eyes...

& Jesse: Maybe what I’m saying is... the world might be evolving the way a person evolves. Like, I mean, me, for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don’t know. When I was younger, I was healthier... but I was wracked with insecurity, you know? Now I’m older and my problems are deeper... but I’m more equipped to handle them.


& Celine: Memory is a wonderful thing if you don’t have to deal with the past.
    Jesse: “Memory is wonderful if you don’t have to deal with the past...” Can I put that on a bumper sticker? If you wrote a book about our night, that’s a good title.

& Celine: Little things. I think it’s the same with people. I see in them little details, so specific to each of them... that move me and that I miss and will always miss. You can never replace anyone... because everyone is made of such beautiful, specific details.

& Celine: You know, it’s so weird. People think they are the only one going through tough times.

& Jesse: I’m sure you’d make... Be a great mom someday.
    Celine: Really? You think so?
    Jesse: Yeah... a few antidepressants, you know, you’ll do great.

& Celine: Oh, I love my kitty. I love my kitty.
    Jesse: What’s his name?
    Celine: Che.
    Jesse: Che?
    Celine: What?
    Jesse: Commie.
    Celine: No, “che” in Argentina means “hey.”

& Celine: Is chamomile okay?
    Jesse: Yeah. Great. Merci.
    Celine: Messy? You think my apartment is messy?
    Jesse: No, no. Merci... Merci beaucoup.
    Celine: Ah, merci.

& Celine: I have three songs in English. One’s about my cat... one’s about my ex-boyfriend... Well, ex-ex-boyfriend... and there’s one about... Well, it’s just a little waltz.
    Jesse: A waltz? Play the waltz.


& Celine: Baby, you are gonna miss that plane.
    Jesse: I know.

--
+ Much more quotes on the IMDb

Σ Incredible amazing, astonishing movie.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий