12 сент. 2021 г.

The Prom (2020)

Barry Glickman: I refuse to give up, okay? We're… We're still celebrities. We still have power.
Trent Oliver: Now, The Times sort of castrated you as it were.
Angie: Yep. They wrote you off as aging narcissists.
Dee Dee Allen: I still don't understand what's wrong with that.
Barry Glickman: There's a very simple way that we can still love ourselves yet appear to be decent human beings, okay? We will become celebrity activists... All we need is a cause.
Dee Dee Allen: A cause célèbre.
Barry Glickman: Everybody think of some causes. Go.
Trent Oliver: Um, poverty?
Barry Glickman: Too big.
Angie: World hunger.
Barry Glickman: That is also a major thing. No, we need something we can handle.
Dee Dee Allen: Some little injustice we can drive to. Recycling.
Angie: Let's see what's trending...
Barry Glickman: Recycling's good.
Trent Oliver: Why are there so many award shows?
Dee Dee Allen: Parking.
Trent Oliver: Or the TVs in the back of cabs.

Dee Dee Allen: We're doing a great thing here. We're being great people. This is all great. This is gonna get me my third Tony Award.

Barry Glickman: Where is our girl? Where's Emma? Emma!
Emma: I'm Emma.
Barry Glickman: Emma, my name is Barry, and I'm here to tell you that you are not alone. Okay? I am as gay as a bucket of wigs. A bucket of them! And we are here from New York City and we are gonna save you. Tomorrow, we will hold a rally. There'll be banners and choreography.
Mrs. Green: What is going on? Who are you people?
Trent Oliver: We are liberals from Broadway.
Angie: We are here to open your hearts and your minds. The five of us are gonna teach you…

Tom Hawkins: I am the principal and I just, um… What are you doing?
Dee Dee Allen: We have come to show this community that gay people and gay-positive icons, such as myself, are made of the same flesh and blood as they are.
Tom Hawkins: Uh-huh.
Barry Glickman: If they don't have gay people here, why is my Scruff going crazy right now?
Dee Dee Allen: We're not monsters. We're cultural disruptors.
Tom Hawkins: I'm a fan. ...
Dee Dee Allen: What kind of a fan? Big fan? Small fan? Scary stabby fan?
Tom Hawkins: You could say that I'm a big fan. Yes.
Dee Dee Allen: Really? That's so surprising because you're not my usual demographic.
Tom Hawkins: You mean Black?
Dee Dee Allen: No, straight. You are straight, right?
Tom Hawkins: Yes. I am. Straight people like Broadway too.
Dee Dee Allen: I've heard that. Always thought it was a fairy tale. So to speak.

Angie: Oh. Dickinson, four rooms. I called yesterday.
Dee Dee Allen: Four rooms of varying size to reflect the hierarchy of the company, right? Where is my suite?

Trent Oliver: There must be a way to rid this community, and by extension, the nation, of this cancer of intolerance.

Dee Dee Allen: Am I interrupting something?
Tom Hawkins: I was just doing some research, trying to figure out if urinal cakes are poisonous.

Tom Hawkins: Dee Dee, not charging for an apology is not a selfless act.
Dee Dee Allen: What the hell?
Tom Hawkins: If you want people to like you instead of hate you, you have to be good. A good person. You have to put other people's interests before your own.
Dee Dee Allen: You don't understand. I am a celebrity. It is all about me. It has been for decades. That's the point of celebrity. So I have to be reprogrammed.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий