14 сент. 2021 г.

Le journal d'une femme de chambre (1964)

M Monteil: So you're Celestine?.. I really like the name. Indeed, I do... But it's a bit too long, don't you think? Far too long. If you don't mind, I'll call you Marie. Marie is pretty too and it's short. Besides, I've called all my chambermaids Marie. It's a habit of mine. And not one I think I could break.

Joseph: You never really know people when you meet 'em. Women especially are hell to get to know. But now I know you well.
Celestine: You know me? Then tell me what I am.
Joseph: What you are? You're like me.
Celestine: Like you?
Joseph: I don't mean in looks. I'm old and ugly. But deep down inside, we're alike. I know what I'm talking about.

Celestine: You scare me.
Joseph: Why?
Celestine: I think you're a crook.
Joseph: A crook, me? Are you serious? Look around! I love the army! Religion! Law and order! My country, above all! Look at me. Am I lying when I say I love all that?
Celestine: No, you're not lying.
Joseph: Would a crook love all that?

Joseph: Let's be frank, like soldiers. Do you want me to marry you?

Joseph: I gotta have that café. Revolution's around the corner. There's nothing better for a café!


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий