15 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 1×7

Mrs. Hughes: I haven't had a chance to ask, how was London?
Mr. Carson: Oh, much as usual. Dirty, noisy and quite enjoyable.

Lady Rosamund Painswick: There's nothing like an English summer is there?
Lady Mary Crawley: Except an English winter.

Lady Rosamund Painswick: I'm sorry you haven't received more invitations. But then, after four seasons, one is less a debutante than a survivor.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Oh, you poor thing. Is there anything worse than losing one's maid? Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I mean, why would she want to leave me? I've been as gentle as a lamb. Most of the time.

Lady Rosamund Painswick: Oh, come along, Mary, be sensible. Can you really see yourself dawdling your life away as the wife of a country solicitor?

Mr. Carson: But why would we ever want a telephone at Downton, milord?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Well, they have their uses. You could speak to the housekeeper in London. That'd be helpful surely?
Mr. Carson: I hope I've not failed in my management ofthe recent move?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Mary, listen to me, if you take Matthew now, when his whole future is at risk, he will love you to the end of his days.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Why, Granny, you're a romantic!
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I've been called many things, but never that.
Lady Edith Crawley: And what happens if the baby is a boy and Matthew loses everything?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Mary can always change her mind.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I know those men of the moral high ground. If she won't say, "yes", when he might be poor, he won't want her, when he will be rich.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Ah! First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I were living in an H.G. Wells' novel.

Daisy Robinson: I'm sorry.
Mrs Bird: There, there. There are worse crimes on earth than loyalty.

Mrs. Patmore: Oh, my Lord, listen to that. It's like the cry of a banshee.
Branson: Mr Carson's telephone is ringing. Isn't someone going to answer it?

Lady Mary Crawley: So I've ruined everything?
Matthew Crawley: You've shown me I've been living in a dream, and it's time to return to real life. Wish me luck with it, Mary. God knows I wish the best for you.

Lady Rosamund Painswick: I'm sorry, Mama, but you know me. I have to say what I think.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Why? Nobody else does.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий