23 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 2×4

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Are you sure she has no chap in mind? How odd! I had an endless series of crushes at her age.
Lady Mary Crawley: I don't think so.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Not even some man she doesn't care to mention?
Lady Mary Crawley: What do you mean?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, war breaks down barriers and when peacetime re-erects them, it's... very easy to find oneself on the wrong side.
Lady Mary Crawley: Really, Granny! How can you say that I'm too worldly but Sybil's not worldly enough? You cannot be so contrary.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.

William Mason: We don't need anyone with us. The Sergeant knows what we're doing. But what are we patrolling for?
Matthew Crawley: You've been taking those logic pills again! This is the army, Mason. We're going on a patrol because we're going on a patrol.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You see, sometimes, in war, one can make friendships that aren't quite... appropriate and it can be awkward, you know, later on. I mean, we've all done it. I just want you to be on your guard.
Lady Sybil Crawley: "Appropriate" for whom?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, don't jump down my throat, dear. I'm only offering friendly advice.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It's like living in a second-rate hotel where the guests keep arriving and no-one seems to leave!

Joseph Molesley: Oh, er, I may be wrong, but I thought I saw one of the officers by the maids' staircase just now. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation...

Lady Mary Crawley: Darling, don't be such a baby. This isn't fairyland. What did you think? You'd marry the chauffeur and we'd all come to tea? Don't be silly.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: We ought to go down. It's time for the concert.
Lady Mary Crawley: Who cares about the stupid concert?
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: The men do, and we should, too... because we have to keep going, whatever happens. We have to help each other to keep going.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Is that true?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: There's no proof of anything yet.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I see. Well, I need more than that to make me anxious.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I'm glad you would be anxious.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Of course I would be. We're used to Matthew now. God knows who the next heir will be. Probably a chimneysweep from Solihull! Huh!

Lady Mary Crawley: Most of you won't know how rare it is to see my sister Edith and I pulling together in a double act...
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: A unicorn, if ever there was one.
Lady Mary Crawley: But in wartime we, like all of you, have more important things to worry about. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... the Crawley Sisters.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, now I've seen everything!


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий