6 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 1×3

Gwen Dawson: Why is that down here? Who's been in my room? They had no right!
Mrs. Hughes: See here. In the first place, none of the rooms in this house belong to you. And in the second, I am in charge of your welfare and that gives me every right.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I don't understand. Why would she want to be a secretary?
Cora, Countess of Grantham: She wants a different life.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: But why? I should far prefer to be a maid in a large and pleasant house than work from dawn till dusk in a cramped and gloomy office. Don't you agree, Carson?

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Is everyone all right downstairs?
Mr. Carson: Well, you know. He was a handsome stranger from foreign parts one minute and the next, he was as dead as a doornail. It's bound to be a shock.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: Of course, upstairs or down. It's been horrid for the ladies. And for the female staff, I expect? It's particularly hard on the younger maids.
Mr. Carson: Indeed.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Oh! Just the ticket. Nanny always said sweet tea was the thing for frayed nerves. Though why it has to be sweet, I couldn't tell you.

Mr. Carson: We're all behind you, my lady. The staff. We're all on your side.
Lady Mary Crawley: Thank you, Carson. You've always been so kind to me. Always. From when I was quite a little girl. Why is that?
Mr. Carson: Even a butler has his favourites, my lady.

John Bates: I promise I will never again try to cure myself. I will spend my life happily as the butt of others' jokes and I will never mind them.
Mrs. Hughes: We all carry scars, Mr Bates, inside or out. You're no different to the rest of us, remember that.
John Bates: I will try to. That I do promise.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий