22 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 2×3

Lady Sybil Crawley: Granny.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Mmm...
Lady Sybil Crawley: Different ranks can relax together. It has been known.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, don't look at me. I'm very good at mixing. We always danced the first waltz at the Servants' Ball, didn't we, Carson?
Mr. Carson: It was an honour, milady.

Thomas Barrow: I like the idea of giving orders to old Carson...

Ethel Parks: Mr Branson's been telling us the news from Russia.
Mr. Carson: What news is that?
Branson: Kerensky's been made Prime Miniter, but he won't go far enough for me. Lenin denounces the bourgeoisie along with the Tsar. He wants a people's revolution and that's what I'm waiting for. It won't be long now.
Mr. Carson: And what's happened to the Tsar?
Branson: Imprisoned in the Alexander Palace with all his family.
Mrs. Patmore: What a dreadful thing.
Branson: They won't hurt them. Why would they?
Anna Smith: To make an example?
Branson: Give them some credit. This is a new dawn, a new age of government. No one wants to start it with the murder of a bunch of young girls.
Henry Lang: You don't know that. Nobody knows who'll get killed when these things start.

Anna Smith: But what if she fights it?
John Bates: She can't. For her to divorce me, she needs something beyond adultery, cruelty or suchlike. For a husband, adultery is enough.
Anna Smith: That's not very fair to women...

John Bates: I think I would love you, however, whatever, whenever.

Anna Smith: We don't have to wait, you know. If you want me to throw up everything and come with you, I will. Gladly.
John Bates: I can't marry you yet, not legally, and I won't break the law.
Anna Smith: It's not against the law to take a mistress, Mr Bates...
John Bates: I know you, Anna Smith, and I love you, and that is not the right path for you. It won't be long now...

Branson: Who knows what the future will bring?...

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: We've dreamed a dream, my dear, but now it's over. The world was in a dream before the war, but now it's woken up and said goodbye to it. And so must we.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий