20 сент. 2021 г.

The One with the Proposal

Friends 6×25


Richard: You're with Chandler, a guy I really like. You say he's straight, I'll believe you.

Rachel: Isn't it incredible? Monica and Chandler are getting married.
Phoebe: I know. They'll be so happy together.
Rachel: Two best friends in love. How often does that happen?
Phoebe: Not that often.
Rachel: No. I'm so happy for them.
Phoebe: Me too. So happy for them.
Rachel: I'm so happy and not at all jealous.
Phoebe: Oh, no! God, definitely not jealous.
Rachel: Mm-mm. I'm probably 98 percent happy and maybe 2 percent jealous.
Phoebe: What's 2 percent? That's nothing.
Rachel: Totally.
Phoebe: I'm like 90-10.
Rachel: Yeah. Me too.

Chandler: In fact, I think the whole concept of marriage is unnatural. Look at pigs. Let's take a second here and look at pigs. Pigs don't mate for life. A pig can have 100 sexual partners in a lifetime. And that's just an ordinary pig, not even a pig that's good at sports.

Rachel: We're gonna find love.
Phoebe: Definitely.
Rachel: Yeah, I'm pretty confident about that. That's what makes it so easy to be 80 percent happy for Monica and Chandler.

Rachel: Would be nice to have a guarantee...
Phoebe: What do you mean?
Rachel: Some people make deals with a friend. Like if neither of them are married by 40, they marry each other.
Phoebe: You mean a backup?
Rachel: Exactly.
Phoebe: Yeah, yeah. I've got that.

Rachel: Yeah. Love... It's a tricky business, isn't it?
Ross: I guess so...
Rachel: So, what do you say we make a pact? If you and I are both single by 40, we get married. I mean, we know each other, we like each other... we've already slept together, so there'll be no surprises there. No, like, "What's that?"
Ross: Oh, you want me to be your backup.
Rachel: Exactly.
Ross: Oh, yeah. I already have one.
Rachel: Who?!

Richard: Do you ever think about me in... a non-eye-doctor way?

Rachel: You can't have two backups!
Phoebe: Of course I can. It's just good sense to back up your backup. Look, I've already lost Chandler.
Rachel: What?!?!

Phoebe: Well, let's see. Ross is a good father. But... Joey has a boat. This is hard.

Phoebe: Wait, guys. Don't make any rash decisions. Remember my promise: If we get married, three times a week.
Rachel: Oh, my God. Phoebe...
Phoebe: I'm talking about massages.

Monica: I... I... I have to figure... some stuff, before I can...
Richard: Yeah, I understand. Take as much time as you want. Ten, 20 minutes, if you need it. I'll be here. Not smoking.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий