25 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 2×5

Matthew Crawley: They're going to chuck everything they've got at us.
William Mason: Then we shall have to chuck it back, won't we, sir?
Matthew Crawley: Quite right.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Doctor Clarkson, I am no Jacobin revolutionary, nor do I seek to overthrow the civilized world. We just need one bed for a young man from this village.
Major Clarkson: And if it were within my power, you should have it. .... I'm very sorry, really, but this is a military hospital and it's not up to me to challenge the order of things. .... If I were to break the rule for you, how many others do you think would come forward to plead for their sons? The answer is, and must be, no.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: It always happens when you give these little people power. It goes to their heads like strong drink!

Sarah O'Brien: It's not right.
Thomas Barrow: No, it bloody well isn't... Well, I'm a working-class lad and so is he and I get fed up, seeing how our lot always get shafted.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Is this an instrument of communication or torture?

Branson: You're good at hiding your feelings, aren't you? All of you. Much better than we are.
Lady Sybil Crawley: Perhaps. But we do have feelings, and don't make the mistake of thinking we don't.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Let's get him ready. See, sometimes, we must let the blow fall by degrees. Give him time to find the strength to face it.
Matthew Crawley: But he did say it would get better?
Lady Mary Crawley: He says the first task is to rebuild your health, and that's what we have to concentrate on.
Matthew Crawley: I see.
Lady Mary Crawley: And he says there was no reason why you should not have a perfectly full and normal life.
Matthew Crawley: Just not a very mobile one.
Lady Mary Crawley: ... Would you like some tea? I would.

Lady Sybil Crawley: What is it?
Branson: They shot the Tsar. And all of his family.
Lady Sybil Crawley: How terrible.
Branson: I'm sorry. I'll not deny it. I never thought they'd do it. But sometimes the future needs terrible sacrifices.

Branson: Sometimes a hard sacrifice must be made for a future that's worth having. That's all I'm saying.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: ... Finally, I would point out, your living is in Lord Grantham's gift, your house is on Lord Grantham's land, and the very flowers in your church are from Lord Grantham's garden. I hope it is not vulgar in me to suggest that you find some way to overcome your scruples.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I have a cold.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий