18 сент. 2021 г.

La voie lactée (1969)

L'homme à la cape: Do you have any money?
Jean: No, sir.
L'homme à la cape: Then you shall have none. And you?
Pierre: Yes, I've got a little.
L'homme à la cape: Then you shall have a great deal more.

L'homme à la cape: Go, and take to you a whore and have children of the whore. Thou shalt name the first "Ye Are Not My People." And the second "No More Mercy."

Pierre: Father, a question. Once you swallow, what becomes of the Christ?

Un serveur: Everyone should believe in God?
Richard 'maître d'hôtel': True, atheists have always existed, but they're lunatics. Or they claim to be atheists, but aren't.
Un serveur: How so?
Richard 'maître d'hôtel': Because no sensible man can believe God doesn't exist.
Un serveur: Why not?
Richard 'maître d'hôtel': The proof's in the Bible. Psalms 131: "It is the impious fool who says in his heart there is no God." That's very convincing.
Un serveur: Yes, very convincing.
Jean: Free will. What's it mean?
Pierre: What it means is between a good deed and a bad one, you can choose.
Jean: Okay, but God knows it all, no? So if I choose a bad deed, he knew it long before.
Pierre: Sure, he's always known it.
Jean: How can I be free if my actions are fixed before I do them?
Pierre: That's free will. God's grace allows you to choose to do good.
Jean: But he already knows I'll choose to do evil. Why'd he decide I'd choose evil?
Pierre: God's ways are impenetrable.

La Vierge de l'auberge espagnole: Gentlemen. A word of advice: If anyone knocks at your door, don't open.
Jean: Why not?
La Vierge de l'auberge espagnole: If there's a knock, don't open, that's all. Open to no one. Not even me.

La prostituée: Wait. I got something to tell you... I want you to make me a baby.
Jean: What for?
La prostituée: I'll name it "Ye Are Not My People."
Jean: "Ye Are Not My People..."
Pierre: And what if we had one?
La prostituée: I'd name it "No More Mercy."
Pierre: "No More Mercy"?

+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий