30 сент. 2021 г.

Downton Abbey 2×6

Isobel Crawley: So you want it just to be a private house again?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Shouldn't she? Or would you like to abolish private houses?
Isobel Crawley: Well, that life of changing clothes and killing things and eating them, do you really want it again? Wouldn't you rather Downton was useful?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: What about you, Molesley? Are you looking forward to this brave new world of Mrs Crawley's imaginings?
Joseph Molesley: I'm glad of my job, m'lady, and I should very much like to hold onto it, with Mrs Crawley's permission.
Isobel Crawley: Servants are always far more conservative than their employers. Everyone knows that.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Then I must be the exception that proves the rule.

Mr. Carson: I don't dislike him, I just don't like him, which is quite different.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Surely you can put her off.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: I don't know how, once the bit's between her teeth.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, change the bridle. Find a cause that needs her more than Downton.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: She's such a martyr.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Then we must tempt her with a more enticing scaffold.

Mrs. Patmore: I know what we should all be doing.
Mrs. Hughes: Yeah? What's that?
Mrs. Patmore: Hoarding. It may be wrong, but this rationing is starting to bite. Even with everyone's books, I had a battle to get enough sugar for this week.

Sir Richard Carlisle: What'll we do about furniture and pictures and everything?
Lady Mary Crawley: What does anyone do?
Sir Richard Carlisle: Buy it, I presume.
Lady Mary Crawley: Your lot buys it, my lot inherits it.

Thomas Barrow: You've gotta speculate to accumulate. Hadn't you heard?
Sarah O'Brien: No, but I know the one about neither a borrower or a lender be.

Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: I'm sorry if it's a bit of a crush. I didn't want to be overheard.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Are we talking financial ruin? Or criminal investigation?

Mr. Carson: A German Republic? No, I don't think so, Mr Branson. The Kaiser will go, I'll grant you... and maybe the Crown Prince too, but there'll be a Regency. Mark my words. Monarchy is the lifeblood of Europe.
Branson: Sorry, Mr Carson, but I think you'll find the kings and emperors have had their day, if President Wilson has anything to say about it.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий