16 мар. 2021 г.

The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019)

Jane Murdstone: Edward is teaching. Let him teach.

David Copperfield: What's to become of me?
Edward Murdstone: You're to be sent away.
David Copperfield: To school?
Edward Murdstone: Education, boy, is costly. What lies before you is a fight with the world. And the sooner you begin it, the better!

Mr Spenlow: You know my rules.
Mick Walker: Rules.
Mr Spenlow: Half a day's pay per bottle.
Mick Walker: Per bottle.

Mr Micawber: This woman is the apple of my eye, Master Copperfield. The lodestar upon whom the sextant of my heart is set. In short, my wife.

Mr Micawber: Until something turns up...

David Copperfield: Is my aunt really going to...? Mr Dick: To visit violence upon the boy? Yes. She's a remarkable woman. Very kind. Betsey Trotwood: If I'm to financially support my nephew, I want to like his name.

Mr Micawber: Now, which dish from the great feast of knowledge is it our mutual privilege to partake of at this current juncture?.. In short, which lesson is it now?

Mr Micawber: I wonder, um... I found the funds for my family's travel, but my own fare is lacking. I wonder if I could trouble you...
David Copperfield: No trouble.
Mr Micawber: ...for the exact sum...
David Copperfield: Of course.
Mr Micawber: ...of four pounds, ten and thruppence?
David Copperfield: Five pounds.
Mr Micawber: I will, uh, make sure that we are quadrilaterally concluded. In short, square.
Mrs Micawber: Geometry!

Uriah Heep: Cake? It's quite heavy.
Mrs Heep: I like a heavy cake. I like to... to know I've had a cake.
Uriah Heep: He can't abide a light sponge.

Mr Dick: No breeze, not a breath. The air is as still as a royal corpse.

David Copperfield: Dora... Spenlow. I don't know why I said it like that, but...
Agnes Wickfield: Ah. The girl with the yapping dog.
David Copperfield: What a face.
Agnes Wickfield: What a voice that comes out of it.
David Copperfield: Do you mock me?
Agnes Wickfield: I do. I do. With affection but entirely without mercy.

David Copperfield: Dora, lovers have loved before, but no lover shall ever love as we love.
Dora Spenlow: That's very complicated, but thank you.

David Copperfield: Do you understand what ruin means? It means distress and want and starvation!
Mr Dick: Oh, dear. Oh, dear.

Uriah Heep: Well, enjoy your lodgings. If any problems arise, I suggest you tend to them yourselves.

David Copperfield: I could postpone.
Betsey Trotwood: No, no. Go, go. Mr Dick and I, meanwhile, will... We will, uh, transform this into the most desirable mousehole in London.

David Copperfield: That's all I do have at the moment.
Peggotty: Oh, I know, my love. But you had nothing, then you had something, now you've got nothing again, so stands to right you'll have something again.

David Copperfield: You need to love those that help you out and help out the ones you love. That's a Peggotty proverb.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий