9 мар. 2021 г.

Chapter 2: An Agent Grieves

The Kominsky Method 1×2


Sandy Kominsky: You've just... You’ve been in there a while.
Norman Newlander: What can I tell you? I urinate in Morse code. Dots and dashes.

Norman Newlander: We're civilized people. We keep our shame and suffering to ourselves.
Sandy Kominsky: Where it belongs, sure.

Norman Newlander: Profanity, you know, is a sign of a lazy mind.

Norman Newlander: You know what it’s like to be human? Is that something you wanna know? Fine, I'll tell you.
     It hurts to be human. It hurts like hell. And all the exploring in the world doesn't make that hurt go away. Because being human and being hurt are the same damn thing!

Sandy Kominsky: Honey, the whole point of doing this work is to dig into our feelings, to see how it translates into actions that we take. Our behavior.
Darshani: I really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Sandy Kominsky: Well, what I want to see is how you feel about being in a blended family.
Darshani: It's okay.
Sandy Kominsky: What, that's it? It’s... it's just okay?
Darshani: Except for fucking my half-brother, it's pretty traditional.
Sandy Kominsky: We’re doomed.

Sandy Kominsky: Some of these kids, they’ve got no shame.
Lisa: Well, I think it's all the social media. I mean, they grow up sharing everything with everybody.
Sandy Kominsky: No, I think it started earlier. You know who I blame? Bill Clinton.
Lisa: Really.
Sandy Kominsky: When blow jobs ceased to be sex, our civilization was over.

Lisa: You're inviting me to a funeral?
Sandy Kominsky: Our first date wound up in a hospital. Seems like a natural next step.

Norman Newlander: Dear Eileen, we have been husband and wife for 46 years. In all that time, I have never not been in love with you. I've been angry with you, confused by you, even hurt by you, but never not in love.
     You were the woman I was looking for ever since I started looking. Beautiful, smart, funny, strong, willing to sleep with me... eventually. If something good happened to me at work, it wasn't real until I shared it with you. If something bad ha... happened, it was only tolerable because I had you to complain to.
     If I heard a funny joke, my first thought was, "I cannot wait to tell you, Eileen." Then I would get to hear your laugh, or you would roll your eyes and tell me the joke was a stinker, and we would both laugh.
     I honestly do not know how to carry on without you, but I will because you told me to, in no uncertain terms.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий