27 мар. 2021 г.

Le Bureau des Légendes #1.5

Instructeur Malotru: You're ready to kill anyone you like with your bare fists. But that won't be much use to you, Rambo. Now I'll show you how to get your head kicked in.
Malotru: What do I do?
Instructeur Malotru: Nothing. You're just a poor bookseller, a doctor, a teacher or whatever, who gets attacked for no reason.

Instructeur Malotru: No, don't put a helmet on. Only use your arms in self-defence. Protect your organs. Let your upper ribs take the brunt of it. Lower your chin. Stop them kicking your carotid artery. You do nothing. You don't know how to fight back. If you feel yourself drifting off, give into that feeling. It will hurt less.

Gaingouin: Let me give you the rundown. FELIS was launched yesterday. I can no longer contact my men. To stop the machine we must tell the Americans the operation we've been working on with them and the British for the past 14 months has been infiltrated. They'll have to call in their guys, warn ours and sit on a plan involving a cruiser, two helicopters and about 100 of their people. So I'll ask you again. Take your time. Are you sure?

Dr Balmès: Telling someone else is a way of objectivising the mistake and gauging how important it is. Have you never needed a colleague's advice?
Malotru: Yes.
Dr Balmès: What was the occasion?
Malotru: Are you interviewing me again?

Malotru: Enemies on the outside and on the inside. If you make a mistake, your life is permanently under threat. Sensing a trap and walking into it. Getting beaten up without retaliating. Being given the third degree without batting an eyelid. I was already an expert, but I was becoming even more of one. Concealing more and more, deeper and deeper. Putting up barriers, on the outside and within. I was in permanent training and, I must admit, feeling my heart beat at a rate of knots, hearing it pounding in my ears, not giving anything away, I was starting to enjoy it.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий