18 мар. 2021 г.

Alpha and Omega

Dark 1×10


Claudia Tiedemann: There's a lot I have to explain...

Ines Kahnwald: I didn't know that he would take his own life.
Jonas Kahnwald: But you could have saved Mikkel! Now I have another grandma and she's the principal of my school! Her husband, who's fucking my mom, is looking for his son, who's my father! A few days ago I kissed my aunt. And the crazy thing is... there's nothing wrong with any of them. They're okay. I'm what's wrong.
Ines Kahnwald: I think things... no matter how abnormal or strange they seem to us, happen for a reason. Who are we to play God? What's past is past. But you... live in the here and now. Who knows what the future will bring.

H.G. Tannhaus 1986: It's not just the past that influences the future. The future also influences the past... If you hadn't shown me what the device looks like in the future, I wouldn't have been able to build it. A paradox.
The Stranger: Why did you decide to help me after all?
H.G. Tannhaus 1986: Why? That's a big word. Why do we decide for one thing and against another? But does it matter whether the decision is based upon the consequence of a series of causal links? Or whether it stems from an undefined feeling inside me? That perhaps everything in my life boils down to this one moment. That I'm part of a puzzle. One that I can neither understand nor influence.

H.G. Tannhaus 1986: Will you tell me... what the future's like?
The Stranger: I'm hoping that by tomorrow, it'll already be different from today.

Helge Doppler: Today is the day. The beginning and the end. Don't make the same mistakes I made. Don't make the same mistakes I made. You have to stop. You have to stop!.... I have to stop.

Helge Doppler 1986: What happens after today?
Noah: After today... everything will be new.

Helge Doppler 1986: But if there is no God, then why do we believe in a lie?
Noah: Because we prefer any lie to the pain.

Jonas Kahnwald: Where am I? What is this?
The Stranger: This is a kind of prototype of a time machine. You're the guinea pig. The passage in the cave lies directly under this bunker. If opened, the energy flows through this room. But it needs to be increased. No DeLorean. No hissing or steam. The first time machine is a bunker with four walls. But it still doesn't quite work.

Jonas Kahnwald: Let me out of here.
The Stranger: I can't. It's the only way for things to be normal again.

The Stranger: I am you. My name is Jonas Kahnwald. I sent the letter to you. Or should I say, to me. Everything you're experiencing, I've already experienced. I burned the letter, just like you. I got it back from our grandmother. I've already had this conversation. But I was on the other side then.

The Stranger: We think we're free, but we're not. We follow the same old path. Again and again.
Jonas Kahnwald: That's crazy! It doesn't make any sense! You can decide to let me go now. Come on, let me out!
The Stranger: I thought it was crazy for a long time. That I'm crazy. But I can't let you out because then you won't become what I am today. If I now change my past, I will change who I am right now. And then I won't be able to destroy the hole once and for all.

The Stranger: Why did you kiss Martha? We're not free in what we do, because we're not free in what we want. We can't overcome what's deep within us.

Jonas Kahnwald: I have to bring Mikkel back. I want everything to go back to normal. I want all this sick shit to stop! The Stranger: You still do. Thirty-three years later. I still want that. But Mikkel... Our father is just a small part of a sprawling sickness. I've seen things that no one should ever see.

— WHAT DOES NOAH WANT?

Noah: Everything is about to begin...

Noah: The older Jonas will destroy the hole, but... he doesn't realize that he will be the one to trigger its existence. A paradox.

Noah: Most people are nothing but pawns on a chessboard. Led by an unknown hand. Their lives exist only to be sacrificed for a higher goal. Jonas, Mikkel, the children, they're nothing but unfortunate, yet necessary chess moves in an eternal war between good and evil.
     There are two groups out there fighting to control time travel. Light and shadow. We belong to the light. Don't forget that. Even though some of what we do is of a dark nature. But no victory is ever won without sacrifice.
     As long as we're in this time loop we who know have to make sure that every step will be repeated exactly as it was before. No matter how inhumane it seems to us. No matter what sacrifices it demands of us. But believe me, the others are the ones who are truly inhumane. They have lost all humanity. They belong to the shadow.

Noah: Time is an infinite field. Millions and millions of interlocking wheels. We have to be patient to be victorious. But our time will come. We will free humanity from its immaturity. From its pain. But you must be strong. Can you do that?

Jonas Kahnwald: Who are you? Where am I? What year is this?

Girl from the Future: Welcome to the future.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий