4 мар. 2021 г.

The House of the Dead

The Stand 1×4


Frances Goldsmith: If you're reading this, that means you're alive...

Glen Bateman: The messenger... The messenger, way more important than what comes out of his mouth.

Glen Bateman: Well, you know where I stand. We tell them the truth.
Nick Andros: "What's the truth?"
Glen Bateman: Oh, it's too early in the day for me to get all metaphysical. I don't really know.
Frances Goldsmith: But, Glen, actually, we don't know what happened to this guy. All we know is what he told us.

Stu Redman: Protecting this place is all that I care about. But I do think there's some room in there for the truth...
Glen Bateman: You wouldn't have to lie. Just-just... You just don't say more than you know.
Stu Redman: Never pegged you for a politician.
Glen Bateman: Desperate times...

Harold Lauder: Mr. Chairman?
Stu Redman: Yes, Harold?
Harold Lauder: Hi. I think since you're all doing such a fantastic job, I'd like to put a motion on the floor to accept the slate of ad hoc committee members in toto as the permanent committee... If they'll serve, that is.

Nadine Cross: I know who you are... Harold.

Nadine Cross: The man who gave me this?... He believes we can do great things together.

Glen Bateman: I think I know what Harold's problem is.
Stu Redman: Glen.
Glen Bateman: No, no, no. You are a man of science. Am I right? Harold?

Glen Bateman: I recognized a fellow traveler. See, because I can see the mistake you're making, Harold, 'cause I made the same one myself.
Harold Lauder: The mistake I'm making?
Glen Bateman: The reason we have spent our entire lifetimes not believing in what so many of our species were so... determined to believe in... God and magic and... Not because it wasn't true, Harold. It's because there was no proof that it was true. See? Think about the first man to look into the microscope...

Glen Bateman: The point is, as a man of science, don't you kind of want to know? Come with us. Let's see how far down the rabbit hole goes...


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий