22 мар. 2021 г.

Le Bureau des Légendes #1.2

Dr Balmès: I feel naked without my phone and tablet.
Rim: You can't get in with a computer or a phone. Do you know why?
Dr Balmès: No.
Rim: Remote activation can transform them into a microphone... You get used to being naked, you'll see.

Rim: If you're asked what department you work for, don't answer.

Rim: Every night, you must destroy your documents in the shredder. Or store them in this closet safe protected by a code. Your desk and trash must be empty. Maintenance and cleaners aren't allowed in. You clean your own office.... One last thing. Don't say a word to anyone. No one's to question you. If someone asks, then they don't know what you know. They aren't on a need-to-know basis. That's what we say. 'It's all on a need-to-know basis.'
Dr Balmès: Like professional confidentiality.
Rim: No, like classified information.

Duflot: Listen closely, don't ask questions. If you're asked, you answer without question. If you're not told...
Dr Balmès: I'm not on a need-to-know basis.
Duflot: Exactly. Compartmentalising is essential. What you don't know, you can't reveal.
Dr Balmès: I understand.
Duflot: If I ask you what my tie says about me, you don't ask why, just answer. Is that clear?
Dr Balmès: Yes.
Duflot: ......
Dr Balmès: You want to seem nice.
Duflot: Easy.
Dr Balmès: It's your signature... Your tie is you, your rebellious side?
Duflot: Is that it?
Dr Balmès: It's a bit short-- It's ridiculous.
Duflot: Finally! The truth is most important. If you don't know, say so. That's how you'll earn my trust.

Marina: How do I get into the Institute?
Malotru: That's up to you.
Marina: What if I don't make it?
Malotru: You'll always get the same answer: 'If you can't, go home and forget the whole thing.'
Marina: What'd you do for your mission?
Malotru: I took a competitive exam to teach in Damascus. I learned Arabic in one year.

Malotru: That's why the rules exist. To never need to say to yourself: 'It'll be OK.' They're there to protect you. You, your sources and the DGSE. If you're hoping it'll be OK, then it's already too late. You've broken the rules, you lost all protection. You're subject to the law of fear, suspicion, doubt.

Malotru: I messed up. But I was subject to another law already. A law that all those who've lived long undercover know. The ultimate law. The one that makes you say: 'I can do it.' The one that makes you say: 'It'll be fine, I can do anything.'


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий