3 мар. 2021 г.

Ashes and Demons

American Gods 3×3


Mr. Wednesday: A favor followed by a lecture is not a favor at all.

Chad Mulligan: You know, uh... I've been looking for, uh, an opportunity to talk to you about the... the other day down at the station. Uh... I hope you understand, I'm just doing my job with... you know, Alison missing, and you being a new guy in town, and you know, what with me being, um, a cop who... happens to be Caucasian, and so forth and... You know, just the optics of you being, um, you know, somebody, uh... somebody who's African American. I just don't want you to get the-the- wrong, uh, idea, uh... Uh... Lakeside isn't that kind of place.
Shadow Moon: Lakeside's still in America, right?
Chad Mulligan: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it is. I see what you're trying to say there, uh, but, you know we're not...

Janice: Oh, sorry. Instagram's taking over my life. What these people will do to get followers.
Mr. Wednesday: Oh, you have no idea. I'm here to see Demeter.
Janice: All right. Is that a first or last name?
Mr. Wednesday: That's the whole name.
Janice: Like Beyoncé?
Mr. Wednesday: Precisely.

Mr. Wednesday: So, uh, what are the residents of Haven Glen Retreat retreating from?
Hank: Reality, mostly.

Usherette: Maybe I should call upstairs.
AV Guy: Why? To find out that nobody knows anything about anything except it's someone else's fault? You already know that.
Usherette: That's why they call it Purgatory.
AV Guy: Working in Hell would be a promotion.

Laura Moon: Oh, creeping Mother of Christ, please tell me we are not doing The Life of Laura Moon.
Usherette: You might learn something...
Laura Moon: Do the words "rest in peace" mean nothing to you people? It was my fucking life! I lived it with my eyes wide open! There's nothing to rehash. Period. Over and out. And, by the way, who here is such a fucking expert on my life that this little shit show's even gonna make any sense?
Usherette: .... That would be you.

Laura Moon: .... And then, it was all downhill from there.
Uherette: It really is better if you just watch.
Laura Moon: I think maybe we could just fast-forward through the rest. And then you can give me my get-out-of-Purgatory-free card and we can part friends.
Usherette: We don't actually make deals.

Mr. Wednesday: "How sharper than the serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child."

Laura Moon: So... What have we learned here today? Not a fucking thing. I could've told you before I ever got to this shithole that I am the architect of every fucked-up thing that ever happened in my life. That's on me. I'm aware of that. I'm... I'm okay with that. .... The end.

Laura Moon: You've really wasted your time here. And Grandpa's time, and mine. On bullshit that is not only obvious, but redundantly obvious...
Usherette: If you already know all the answers, what is it that you're still so angry about?

Laura Moon: Ah--
Usherette: Say nothing. Do nothing. Just watch.

Laura Moon: It would've been great if I'd have known that before I started fucking up my own life. Or, you know, while I was still alive.
AV Guy: Well, now you know.
Laura Moon: Yeah...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий